Montreal DSL

join:2011-02-02
Montreal-DSL
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to rkaushik

Re: Beware of Teksavvy Phone Service

said by rkaushik:

Bell now offers no contract service (internet and phone) like teksavvy and prices very competitively.

Teksavvy phone: $21.48

Bell phone:
Home phone Lite $28.98 /MO.
Touch Tone Fee $2.80 /MO.
911 $0.17 /MO.

Cheaper, right?
More transparent, right?

Do you need to compare the internet plans for you?

rkaushik

join:2002-03-31
Tallahassee, FL
I have compared them and switched to Bell after comparing them. Are you on Teksavvy payroll somehow?

TSI Martin
Premium
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:33
Hello Rkaushik,

Very sorry to hear about the troublesome times you have experience. We never strive for our customer to live through such a hardship. I believe what Montreal DSL is saying is that our prices have always been very competitive. Do to this reason, some incumbents have started offering much lower prices without contracts.

Would you care to explain what type of plan/offer you were able to receive from Bell.

Thanks,
Martin
--
TSI Martin (Escalations / E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow us on Twitter : @TekSavvyCSR ; @TekSavvyNetwork

rkaushik

Tallahassee, FL
I switched my internet service to Bell. Compared to TSI I may be paying $4 - $6 more or less BUT peace of mind that I dont have to go thru reseller to reach Bell for service and still get the run around. Excellent latency on connection. Very happy. First statement had no surprises.

Bell fibe 15/10 (FTTN) at $43.95 for first 8 months
then $52.95 afterwards, will renegotiate then
rent free modem with wireless router (teksavvy charges $8 or so for modem per month)
no contract
no dry loop charge
extra 250gb for life makes it 325gb total per month
$9 monthly discount on bell tv

Customer Service
-tech came out next day to install (usually not possible via teksavvy)
-gave me a 3 hour evening window during weekdays (not possible via teksavvy)
-gave me a courtesy call in the morning day of install to confirm
- gave me a confirmation call that he on his way 30 minutes before install
- left me a business card with his direct number in case i had issues within 2 days
- Bell called me with satisfaction survey

rkaushik

Tallahassee, FL
In the process of switching over to CallCentric voip service. Very flexible pricing based on calling needs. Much cheaper than traditional POTS line. True that it depends on internet service but these days it does not matter with so many phones around.

With Callcentric you have phone service on your landline at home and same service on 2 mobile devices (in my case android and iphone).
All devices calls out using the same line irresp of where i am.
I can even use my account as a calling card.
Callback service like what google voice used to support in canada via 403 area codes. The list goes on and on.

Can port canadian numbers. Porting take several days (versus 1-2 days in US) but that is because of archaic and red-taped canadian regulations and service models.

disclaimer- I don't work for any telcos or affiliated corporations. This is an unbiased report, your experience may vary

donl

join:2010-04-23
Brampton, ON
reply to Montreal DSL
everyone I know including me are paying $9.95 for Bell Home Phone Lite...cheaper yes. For Internet (25/10) I am paying 62.95 for unlimited...cheaper than TSI yes. With Bell even Rogers, it is possible to get better pricing than TSI.

MFido

join:2012-10-19
kudos:2
Donl, I do not say you are not right ...

You do have to understand that you do have access to these prices ONLY because Teksavvy (and other resellers) exists.... It seems many people forget about it!!!

Otherwise Bell will take every last dime from you and the other Bell supporters