I think she wants your attention.

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium Member
join:2002-08-06
Boothbay, ME

Dominokat

Premium Member

She only recently started jumping onto my desk when I am here. I've had her 13 years, she usually sits or lays just behind my chair on the floor.
She has always followed me everywhere I go. Never has or does she leave me out of her sight.

rusdi
American V
MVM
join:2001-04-28
Flippin, AR

rusdi to Dominokat

MVM

to Dominokat
HA!
My big, goofy male kitty does that too.
'Till I scratch him at the base of his tail for a minute, or two. Then he gets bored & goes to find other trouble to get into.

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium Member
Boothbay, ME

1 recommendation

Dominokat

Premium Member

She definitely does not get bored if I pet her, anywhere! She often will "whack" me to pet her and if I stop, she whacks me again and again until I pet her more.

rusdi
American V
MVM
join:2001-04-28
Flippin, AR

rusdi

MVM

said by Dominokat:

She definitely does not get bored if I pet her, anywhere! She often will "whack" me to pet her and if I stop, she whacks me again and again until I pet her more.

Persistent little lady, huh?

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium Member
Boothbay, ME

2 recommendations

Dominokat

Premium Member

said by rusdi:

said by Dominokat:

Persistent little lady, huh?

YUP! But since she is 15 years old, I forgive her.

onDvine
Grown up Flower Child
Premium Member
join:2005-01-29
So. CA, USA

2 recommendations

onDvine

Premium Member

Our cat, Bubbles, is bossy like that. When she wants to be petted she expects cooperation. She'll be 18 in July (fingers crossed) and I'd forgive her for anything.

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium Member
Boothbay, ME

1 edit

1 recommendation

Dominokat

Premium Member

Thats actually how I got her at the shelter.
I went to the shelter looking for a new kitten. There wasn't any kittens then. Only adult cats. But I looked anyway. The staff told me to pick out three. I did. One was free roaming Siamese. Another was a free roaming -- something. I eventually walked by a cage, and as I walked by the cage... WHACK in my hair! At that very moment, I wanted her. I told the staff my first choice (the one that whacked me!) and the others. I was told that the one that whacked me was taken. Bummer...
There was a 24 hour wait. I went back expecting to take home another cat. But when I got to the shelter, I was told that the other person that wanted my first choice (Whacker) didn't work out, so she was mine.

Talk about things that where meant to be!

She has be so loving and devoted. I love her with all my heart.

She literally chose me with the whack of her paw.

The shelter put her at about 3 years old at the time. I'v had her for 12 years.