Earth
kudos:19
reply to shinjuru

Re: Project Titan Rumors

It's not like Blizzard has a ton of popular IPs. There's:

Warcraft
Starcraft
Diablo

They've already got Warcraft. World of Diablo would be in direct competition as the same types of classes and genre would exist, even though it's a different storyline.

World of Starcraft is it. A long time ago, someone used the SC2 map editor to begin working on an MMO. Blizzard's lawyers went after this guy to shut him down. Then they realized that this was the wrong approach, so they apologized and invited this guy to Blizzard's HQ for a tour.

The reaction is that they wanted to shut down his MMO efforts because they were already working on it.

You're going to see World of Starcraft.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4
reply to TheThing
Dark Templar!!!

But then it would be a game where we can use vehicles. I would like to pilot a massive Carrier.

Mike
Premium,Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA
kudos:1
reply to shinjuru
You lost me at "xbox"

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
A long time ago, I did make mention that it could be "World of Halo" as a joint venture with M$.

puppy

join:2010-01-28
reply to Archivis
said by Archivis:

World of Starcraft is it.

"Nuclear launch detected."

Ghost class, cooldown 10 mins? ^_^

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
I hope it's done a little better than that.

Moos
Tequilablob
Premium
join:2008-12-11
Salt Lake City, UT
kudos:3
reply to shinjuru
My bet is it's going to be a first person based MMO like firefall but based on Call of Duty.

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
said by Moos:

My bet is it's going to be a first person based MMO like firefall but based on Call of Duty.

Actually an MMO based on modern combat would be kind of cool. But I can see where you are going with this.

Thaler
Premium
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA
reply to Archivis
said by Archivis:

I hope it's done a little better than that.

Let's just hope they don't reuse WoW rogue code. Otherwise Ghost stealth will never f***ing work right.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
We've all been playing these types of games for a while. We've sat through WoW killer after WoW killer and I've seen dozens of people here post about how the next big MMO will kill WoW, only to see tremendous disappointment because believed in their own hype over reality.

Another observation is that when people talk about a game "being only in beta" and you can't judge it, that is absolute horse shit.

There has yet to be a single game that was in beta that was remarkably different after release. There were a few bug fixes and some slight changes, but most of the games were nearly identical in beta as they were in live.

I will set aside other games to specifically look at Titan. Titan is the WoW killer. It either kills WoW by finally replacing it, or it kills WoW by sinking Blizzard. At the end of the day, Titan will be WoW's ultimate end, one way or another.

I don't review games too often, but I vow to put together a thorough and honest review of this game.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
said by Archivis:

I don't review games too often, but I vow to put together a thorough and honest review of this game.

Probably in 2017?

Thaler
Premium
Los Angeles, CA

1 recommendation

reply to Archivis
said by Archivis:

This was a hair away from being a Dos Equis ad.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
LOL I'll give you that. I'm tired lately.

pizz
1gbps is all the rage.
Premium
join:2000-10-27
Astoria, NY
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
i will welcome a world of starcraft. As someone said earlier in this thread, i'm tired of the orc/elves universe.

but knowing blizzard - a Lost Vikings MMO might be titan lol
--
It's ok to say, 'I don't know'. It's even better when someone takes the time to explain what you, 'don't know'.

TheThing

join:2012-08-10
reply to shinjuru
playing 3v3 in SC2:

"NUCLEAR LAUNCH DETECTED"...

the best thing was trolling and blowing up your own teammates with about 4 nukes in a row... priceless

listening to the resulting rage was quite hilarous

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
I never ever thought about nuking my own teammates. You bastard.

TheThing

everyone in the entire map would be confused... allies and enemies

then when all 4 nukes landed on your ally, /all chat would blow up with rage when their base was flattened

it was awesome!

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
Note to self to never play SC2 with TheThing.

I have a feeling Titan will be ALL of Blizzard IPs mashed up into one. That'd be awesoem.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5
said by I AM:

TheThing

as jobbie knows, 1 nuke is not enough to destroy a building

4 properly placed nukes on the other hand can decimate a base! and erase all units!

TheThing

reply to shinjuru
the other troll thing i used to do was in SC1

in SC1, i would play zerg... my favorite race...

I WOULD THEN, PLACE A HIVE RIGHT NEXT TO MY TEAMMATES NEXUS OR WHATEVER

if you know zerg, you know how creep grows, i would then place sunken creep extenders (forget what they are called) there as well

in the end my creep would slip under their units and buildings, andthey would not be able to build in their own base if they were protoss or terran

they would say GTFO... WTF YOU DOIN

I would say: "dude... I'm helpign you defend your base, trust me"

hehe, how many protoss players I played with eneded up having a base with nexus, 1 pylon, 1 barrakcs and nothing else ccause they could not build in their own base

shinjuru
Premium,Mod
join:2000-10-29
West Coast
Reviews:
·SureWest Internet
reply to Mike
said by Mike:

You lost me at "xbox"

That really is a tough market to ignore when developing the next greatest thing, whatever that's going to be.
--
Games - GameTech - S.F.Bay -

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
reply to I AM
said by I AM:

I have a feeling Titan will be ALL of Blizzard IPs mashed up into one. That'd be awesoem.

So kinda like Space Marines vs. Orcs? oh wait....
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Thaler
Premium
Los Angeles, CA
reply to I AM
said by I AM:

Somehow, I'm just picturing a Super Smash Bros. Blizzard style. XD

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
reply to Krisnatharok
said by Krisnatharok:

said by I AM:

So kinda like Space Marines vs. Orcs? oh wait....

But with Satan as well.

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
reply to Thaler
said by Thaler:

said by I AM:

Somehow, I'm just picturing a Super Smash Bros. Blizzard style. XD

Only $20 sub a month too bro.

Thaler
Premium
Los Angeles, CA
Man, $20's a lot to ask for to see my Tauren druid get air juggled by a hydralisk.

Phantasee

join:2009-08-27
Hammond, LA
reply to shinjuru
If it's a Starcraft MMO, consider me divorced, fired, MIA.

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
A/S/L?

TheThing

said by I AM:

A/S/L/CYBER?

FTFY