share rss forum feed

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5
reply to cramer

Re: How to lease SB6141?

He IS on Wideband. 20/2 (Turbo) is wideband and requires a DOCSIS 3 modem. It sounds like you think he has Standard at either 10/1 ( in Hawaii that is all islands except Oahu) or 15/1 (standard for Oahu.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

kba4

join:2001-10-23
Canton, OH
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

that may be true in your market but in the Midwest Region Turbo is allowed on D2+ modems, I see it all the time. there's plenty of bandwidth for 2Mb/s up on a D2 channel, but of course multiple channels being bonded ensures a more consistent connection, and since there's no powerboost on Turbo (just standard now) there's little reason not to get a D3 modem anyway.
--
I see what you're saying, even though I'm really just listening...

cramer
Premium
join:2007-04-10
Raleigh, NC
kudos:9
reply to Mele20

Around here, unless they've changed their song, "Lite", "Standard", and "Turbo" are D2 plans, "Extreme" (30/5), and "Ultimate" (50/5) are wideband/D3 plans. Will they let you use a D3 modem with a D2 plan? Sure, esp. if you own the modem, but they aren't likely to give you a new D3 modem. (they have a small warehouse of old D2's while the D3's are in "limited supply" -- which is why our recent BC line was originally setup with a "residential" modem -- it was a rush job (the whole office move was) and that's what he had.)