Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-16
Mountain View, CA
kudos:23
reply to Scilicet

Re: [My Review] Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Heat Pipe

Fan brands I personally recommend are here:

»Re: Need non-buzzing 120mm fan

Keep in mind my primary focus when it comes to a fan is silence, not MTBF or "reliability".

Pretty much every tech product is made in China, Taiwan, Korea, or Japan these days, so complaining about the country of manufacture has little to do with anything -- who decides what quality parts to use is up to the company that engineers (designs) the device. Likewise we in the US can (and often do) manufacture just as sub-par-quality products. TL;DR -- don't pick on China, they're just doing what their client told them to build and with the parts their client told them to use.

Given the easy-to-replace nature of fans, it's worth spending a bit of time finding one that meets your needs, then buying 2 or 3 of them to keep as spares. I've done this for years without any complications.

Other folks like aurgathor See Profile tend to actually repair fans rather than replace them (depends on what the issue is of course), which is just as valid of a solution too:

»Re: Year old Sapphire graphics card fan

HTH.
--
Making life hard for others since 1977.
I speak for myself and not my employer/affiliates of my employer.

Scilicet
Spaced Out
Premium
join:2005-04-11
Aurora, CO
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Vonage
said by koitsu:

they're just doing what their client told them to build and with the parts their client told them to use.

Yes, you're right about that.

Thanks for the link.
--
Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. ~ Nikola Tesla