uniqs

inGearX
3.1415 9265
join:2000-06-11
New York

inGearX

credit cards decide in 10 ... up to 30 days :/

Click for full size
I recall 6 or so years ago when applying for a new credit card ... they have sent you a card the next day ...

now I see:

> "Our goal is to notify you in writing within 10 days; however, in some circumstances it may take up to 30 days."

what gives?

thanks...

Robert
Premium Member
join:2001-08-25
Miami, FL

1 recommendation

Robert

Premium Member

Who cares?
Expand your moderator at work

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

1 recommendation

Snakeoil to inGearX

Premium Member

to inGearX

Re: credit cards decide in 10 ... up to 30 days :/

I recall from the 80's, it used to take that long. Mainly because they were checking out your credit history and contacting employer about your wage.
Then in the 90's Banks rubber stamped every application, and people went in debt over their heads.
Then the banks took a huge hit in 2008-2009 and since then have been cautious about credit.

IMO, banks should have stayed with the tight fisted ways of the 70's and not handed out cards to dogs, cats, birds, children, and others that had no reason to have a card in the first place.

Cabal
Premium Member
join:2007-01-21

Cabal to inGearX

Premium Member

to inGearX
I have never received a new card (unless it was a replacement for a stolen number) the next day. The standard these days for a new account is immediate approval (or less than 1 hour), and a card in 7-10 days in the mail.

MagMan
Life is simpler when you tell the truth.
Premium Member
join:2003-10-01
Westlake, OH

1 recommendation

MagMan to Robert

Premium Member

to Robert

said by Robert:

Who cares?

X2

battleop
join:2005-09-28

1 recommendation

battleop to MagMan

to MagMan

x3

tcg
Premium Member
join:2003-09-12
Lubbock, TX

1 edit

tcg to Robert

Premium Member

to Robert
Self deleted. Everything else I posted in this thread was deleted, so I didn't want to fuck the thread up with this one. LOL.
Spensergig
Past my Prime
MVM
join:2000-03-26
Bradenton, FL

Spensergig to inGearX

MVM

to inGearX
Maybe it is because this is a business card, rather than a personal card.

They want time to run your corporate financial records.

swintec
Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

swintec to inGearX

Premium Member

to inGearX
That is Chases way of telling you you were not instantly approved for some reason and they are taking a closer look at your credit profile in order to make a decision one way or another.

In most cases, people are approved once you click submit on the app and then the card is mailed out shortly after.

They did not like something on your credit or app so they are having it manually reviewed by a credit analyst.

JustBurnt
@rr.com

JustBurnt to inGearX

Anon

to inGearX

If you don't get the new card within a week the application was denied for whatever reason, this has always been the case regardless of what any of their ads say.

It doesn't take them a month to decide whether you are a good risk or not, their computer tells them instantly and a card is sent, there is no hurry for a denial letter, it is sent in the next batch, about once a month.

If you call, you can "usually" get a yes/no while you are on the phone with them.

amorris525
join:2007-03-01
Sterling, VA

amorris525 to inGearX

to inGearX

Just applied for a card on Sunday. Had the card sitting on my doorstep Tuesday.

Johkal
Cool Cat
MVM
join:2002-11-13
Pennsyltucky

Johkal to inGearX

MVM

to inGearX
That is odd considering that most offers I see will give me an immediate approval with credit limit. The card follows within a reasonable time frame.

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member
join:2004-06-21

Anonymous_ to swintec

Premium Member

to swintec
said by swintec:

That is Chases way of telling you you were not instantly approved for some reason and they are taking a closer look at your credit profile in order to make a decision one way or another.

In most cases, people are approved once you click submit on the app and then the card is mailed out shortly after.

They did not like something on your credit or app so they are having it manually reviewed by a credit analyst.

got declined for a bestbuy card but still got a card in the mail for 1800.

swintec
Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

swintec to JustBurnt

Premium Member

to JustBurnt
said by JustBurnt :

If you don't get the new card within a week the application was denied for whatever reason, this has always been the case regardless of what any of their ads say.

He can call to speed things up but if not, his app will get in line to be viewed and considered by an analyst. This can take more than a week.

The only time an app of mine got sent to be manually reviewed was after I pissed chase off, for doing some shenanigans with my credit line. Several months later I had to wait about 2.5 weeks for a decision on a new card. Granted, my app was probably passed up and down various chains for consideration but it ultimately got done...to my surprise.

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky
join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC

Draiman to Johkal

to Johkal
said by Johkal:

That is odd considering that most offers I see will give me an immediate approval with credit limit. The card follows within a reasonable time frame.

You get BUSINESS card offers? I think most people are confusing personal with business. They work far differently.

workablob
join:2004-06-09
Houston, TX

workablob to Robert

to Robert
said by Robert:

Who cares?

Umm. The OP Maybe?

I don't understand your response unless you just had to say something.

OP: I will assume like others that you did not get instant approval and they want to dig deeper before approving you.

Dave

Johkal
Cool Cat
MVM
join:2002-11-13
Pennsyltucky

Johkal to Draiman

MVM

to Draiman
I owned a business for 11 years.

Draiman
Kill Devil Hills, NC

Draiman to Johkal

to Johkal

said by Johkal:

I owned a business for 11 years.

That doesn't mean much. Was it a sole proprietorship or corp?

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

CylonRed

MVM

It does not rally matter for getting a business credit card. It could be a sole or S corp or an LLC. Why does it mater in the least?

Draiman
Kill Devil Hills, NC

1 edit

Draiman

said by CylonRed:

It does not rally matter for getting a business credit card. It could be a sole or S corp or an LLC. Why does it mater in the least?

You better believe it matters! Why would they even bother asking you on the application if it didn't matter? Sole uses personal credit and a corp does not. Sole uses their SS# as their TIN but a corp has a real one for example. *wearing the t-shirt*

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County
·Metronet

CylonRed

MVM

I know a couple of people who have had business cards without a corp. Unless something has changed in the last year or 2...

So if these are new - then you answered your own question about of the person has a business card. If so - then they have some type of corp...

Draiman
Kill Devil Hills, NC

Draiman

said by CylonRed:

I know a couple of people who have had business cards without a corp. Unless something has changed in the last year or 2...

So if these are new - then you answered your own question about of the person has a business card. If so - then they have some type of corp...

It works the same now as it did 10-15 years ago. It's just you aren't understanding how it works. WITHOUT a corp a business is a sole which works off PERSONAL credit just like a PERSONAL credit card so I'm sure your friends have business cards but they obtained them via their own PERSONAL credit. If the business is a corp it works off the businesses credit which takes a while to figure out hence the delay.