spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

telco_mtl

join:2012-01-06

WOW its cold

this morning went to start the truck, and yes living in quebec i have been cold, but i run a "scanguage II" to get a little more info on my vehicle. well i looked at the water temp info -28c!!!!!!! yes my poor engine was shivering!

MichelR

join:2011-07-03
Ottawa, ON
That's warm. I have a couple of friends near Val d'Or whose electronic thermometers are showing "Overflow" or "Error" because it's colder than -40 this morning.

-29C here, but it's sunny with no clouds.

telco_mtl

said by MichelR:

That's warm. I have a couple of friends near Val d'Or whose electronic thermometers are showing "Overflow" or "Error" because it's colder than -40 this morning.

-29C here, but it's sunny with no clouds.

that i understand, but ive never had the water temp on my truck go that low when i had the block heater plugged in!

capdjq
Premium
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver
reply to telco_mtl
Brrrr, that's cold.

Xstar_Lumini

join:2008-12-14
Canada
kudos:2
-21 In Toronto. I did not see stalled cars that don't want to start like in previous winters when the temp got below -20.

Why the hell was it snowing in Toronto all day yesterday but nothing 20 km's east or west of the city?

koira
Keep Fighting Michael
Premium
join:2004-02-16
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
said by Xstar_Lumini:

-21 In Toronto. I did not see stalled cars that don't want to start like in previous winters when the temp got below -20.

Why the hell was it snowing in Toronto all day yesterday but nothing 20 km's east or west of the city?

That snow was from a narrow squall streamer off Georgian Bay
have a look: »www.climate.weatheroffice.gc.ca/···=Default

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
reply to Xstar_Lumini
The truck was not happy this morning.

NefCanuck

join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·voip.ms
reply to telco_mtl
Car started fine but ugh, I had to go outside into the cold to run some errands for the office.

Stepped out of the car at an indicated -17C, took one breath and nearly threw up, doubled over in a coughing fit.

Plus I have a doctor appointment later today which means I have to step outside again twice.

Wonder if vomit can freeze coming out of a person before it hits the ground

NefCanuck

mazhurg
Premium
join:2004-05-02
Brighton, ON
reply to telco_mtl
Bah, Ontarian and Quebecker, you have grown soft with the last few mild winters.

ekster
Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
kudos:3
Not all of us! I still haven't taken out my scarf or hat in over 5 or so years. :\

I miss real winters! And if weather forecast is correct for next week, it's back to +3 C...

Toastertech
Premium
join:2003-01-05
Canada
reply to NefCanuck
-37 here this morning, could barely stand with the dogs for their morning pee, then again if I had put on pants instead of my sleep shorts it would have been OK.

»www.theweathernetwork.com/your_w···ies/786/

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE
kudos:1
reply to telco_mtl
It's cold enough here at only -5 .

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4
reply to telco_mtl
It's an outright balmy -11 out right now, haha.

urbanriot
Premium
join:2004-10-18
Canada
Weird, -14 on my thermometer outside. Your lake is warmer.

JCohen
Premium
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON
kudos:12
reply to telco_mtl
This morning I was having issues starting the trucks at work and some of them just wouldn't start. Got some diesel 5 tonnes that didn't get plugged in and propane trucks are just useless in this weather.

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4
reply to urbanriot
said by urbanriot:

Weird, -14 on my thermometer outside. Your lake is warmer.

Northwesterly winds. Probably.

telco_mtl

reply to telco_mtl
just had to go into montreal, could not see accross the mighty but murky st-lawrence because of seasmoke

shaner
Premium
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB
reply to telco_mtl
Whiners.

corster
Premium
join:2002-02-23
Gatineau, QC
reply to telco_mtl
It was -30 this morning in Gatineau and my Fusion sounded sick when it started... but it started

noemails

@bell.ca
reply to NefCanuck
the vomit might...i know that right now in ottawa if you boil a pot of water, take it outside and throw the water into the air it will turn to snow before it hitsw the ground...try it if your in ottawa a pot/cup of boiling water throw it in the air it will turn to snow in an instance

shaner
Premium
Calgary, AB
Oh please. You guys do know you're just getting a small taste of a prairie winter, right?

Wolfie00
My dog is an elitist
Premium
join:2005-03-12
kudos:8
said by shaner:

Oh please. You guys do know you're just getting a small taste of a prairie winter, right?

... says the guy with all the benefits of super-dry cold. I find even moderately cold temperatures hard to take when it's damp out. I've been out on the prairies in the depths of winter and really quite liked it.
--
"The promoters of the global economy see nothing odd or difficult about unlimited economic growth or unlimited consumption in a limited world."
Wendell Berry

shaner
Premium
Calgary, AB
Wet or dry, -40 is still fucking cold.

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
reply to telco_mtl
It'll be -24 when I walk to work tomorrow morning, and -23 when I walk to work on Friday. Sigh. We're not going to get any real relief until the middle of next week, and then it'll start getting colder again.
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

nitzguy
Premium
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON
reply to shaner
said by shaner:

Wet or dry, -40 is still fucking cold.

Wimps....come to Sudbury.....aka REAL Ontario. Where we still have winter....January 10th, 10c, January 23rd, 2 weeks later, -40...not -40 with Windchill...so cold, they cancelled school buses because of it...not because the roads were bad, but because they didn't want the kids to freeze to death waiting for the bus and I guess some of the busses just wouldn't start this morning.

Although I wish this cold on nobody. Last time it was this cold here was in 1976...we broke a record at the airport it was -36.1c here...breaking the record in 76 of -35.3c .....

This should be the end of it for us, it'll warm up and by Tuesday actually will be 0c...forecasted, tommorrow, a downright balmy
-19c as the forecast high, it only got up to -24c here today.

Anywho....just reminding people there is other parts of Ontario who do get cold and we are quite hardy out here.

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
When I started the car yesterday morning, pretty sure the engine went "Waaaa Taaaaa Faaaaaaaaaaa" today was a little better. Only minus -14.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

Mike2009

join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON
Minus 25 in Ottawa this morning with a windchill making it even colder.Leaving for work soon. Not looking forward to getting into the cold car. Thankfully I have heated seats.

noemails

@bell.ca
-35 in ottawa with the windchill at 8:00 am

BryceS

join:2007-09-17
Vanier, ON
reply to telco_mtl
None of the diesels would have started without the block heaters I have on them. (2002 & 2010 TDI)

The gassers started up after 2nd or 3rd attempt. (2001 & 2004)

Last Parade

join:2002-10-07
Port Colborne, ON
reply to Mike2009
said by Mike2009:

Minus 25 in Ottawa this morning with a windchill making it even colder.Leaving for work soon. Not looking forward to getting into the cold car. Thankfully I have heated seats.

...which will be as cold as the rest of the car.