join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·voip.ms
reply to Last Parade

Re: WOW its cold

said by Last Parade:

said by Mike2009:

Minus 25 in Ottawa this morning with a windchill making it even colder.Leaving for work soon. Not looking forward to getting into the cold car. Thankfully I have heated seats.

...which will be as cold as the rest of the car.

For about 20 - 30 seconds or so until the element kicks in, I can live with that.

Nothing like heated seats to prevent you from being so distracted by the cold seat that you don't give the road your full attention

A balmy -14C when I dropped the car off for regular service this AM (they closed the door to the bays damn quick once I went under the opening door, don't blame them )

NefCanuck

Mike2009

join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON
kudos:3
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to Last Parade
said by Last Parade:

said by Mike2009:

Minus 25 in Ottawa this morning with a windchill making it even colder.Leaving for work soon. Not looking forward to getting into the cold car. Thankfully I have heated seats.

...which will be as cold as the rest of the car.

The seats heat up a lot quicker than the car.

funny0

join:2010-12-22
reply to telco_mtl
quit whining
THIS IS COLD
The annual mean temperature at the South Pole in winter is -76F (-60C) and -18F (-28.2C) in summer.

Wolfie00
My dog is an elitist
Premium
join:2005-03-12
kudos:8
said by funny0:

The annual mean temperature at the South Pole in winter is -76F (-60C) and -18F (-28.2C) in summer.

And three Canadians are stranded somewhere out there right now, after their Twin Otter went down! Apparently rescue operations out of New Zealand have been hampered by bad weather.

mr weather
Premium
join:2002-02-27
Mississauga, ON
reply to telco_mtl
I wonder how Nissan Leaf owners are fairing in this weather.
--
"It's all coming down!!" - Mike Holmes

Wolfie00
My dog is an elitist
Premium
join:2005-03-12
kudos:8
No idea, but from what I've read about the Chevy Volt, it would have slightly reduced capacity, reduced further by the fact that you're drawing electricity for heat. None of those are dealbreakers. Worst case, the little gasoline engine might have to activate at some point.
--
"The promoters of the global economy see nothing odd or difficult about unlimited economic growth or unlimited consumption in a limited world."
Wendell Berry

resa1983
Premium
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON
kudos:10
reply to telco_mtl
Nathan wasn't happy going out so early in the cold this morning.

Refused to let me put the scarf over his face before going out. He threw out one of his gloves, so I didn't have gloves for him to wear..

We get outside, and within a minute allowed me to put his scarf over his face. Put my gloves on him. My gosh that was rough waiting on the bus for just a few minutes.
--
Battle.net Tech Support MVP

Markie
Still Living Free

join:2009-07-11
Canada
reply to telco_mtl
-28 with block heater? I'd put a kill-o-watt meter on that to make sure it is working. I am about -11 plugged in, and that is -40ies

I have a catch can setup on my pcv, had to install water line heater and pipe insulation otherwise it would freeze up solid.

My forged block fully built engine with amsoil oil has rocked this bitter weather quite well, but 14l/100km out of 4 cylinders means fillups every 5 days or so. Nasty!
--
»libertarian.on.ca/