spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

tln

@rockwellcollins.com
reply to AnonFTW

Re: That's not what the study says at all ...

So they consider "ripped from CDs" to be mutually exclusive with "purchased from legitimate sources"? Interesting.

It's funny, Amazon has recently upgraded their cloud player service... now when you purchase a CD from Amazon, they automatically place the songs from it in your MP3 library (I think they call it "directrip" or something like that). Exactly how is that different from taking a purchased CD and ripping it yourself?

funny0

join:2010-12-22
said by tln :

So they consider "ripped from CDs" to be mutually exclusive with "purchased from legitimate sources"? Interesting.

It's funny, Amazon has recently upgraded their cloud player service... now when you purchase a CD from Amazon, they automatically place the songs from it in your MP3 library (I think they call it "directrip" or something like that). Exactly how is that different from taking a purchased CD and ripping it yourself?

they control it and know everytime you play them

tln

@rockwellcollins.com
OK, when I've purchased MP3 albums from Amazon, I've been able to download them via cloud player to local storage. I was under the impression that the same was possible for "autorip" tracks, but maybe that isn't the case.