uniqs
share rss forum feed

daytime09

join:2011-01-24
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..

Teksavvy to Start - BEWARE

I am not very happy with Teksavvy right now, they fumbled my cancellation

I decided I was going to switch to Start so I called Teksavvy and requested a cancellation. I specifically told them I needed the cancellation to be filled as soon as possible with Rogers to meet the 10 business day notice Start requires. I was told this would not be a problem.

Teksavvy Jan 15 - Cancellation Requested and told it will be filled immediately

Start Jan 16 - Rogers cannot confirm the cancellation

Teksavvy Jan 16 - Called again and was promised it would be filed in the next 48 hours

Start Jan 22 - Rogers still cannot confirm canncellation

Teksavvy Jan 22 - Told that all cancellations are not filed until 5 days before, mine will be filed today

Called Start back and now since its past the 10 day notice I now need to schedule a new install and pay the install fee again to Rogers and go 3 days without Internet

Let this be a warning to anyone thinking of switching, its impossible to get a transfer thanks to the way Teksavvy handles its cancellations

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·WIND Mobile

It's the way ROGERS handles the cancellations. In fact it's the way Rogers handles EVERYTHING. There is a guaranteed minimum 48 hour delay to EVERYTHING. And the only thing they say is they will acknowledge the request within 48 hours. That doesn't mean they'll do anything about it ... add at least another 2 business days.

Expand your moderator at work

TraderOne

@teksavvy.com
reply to sbrook

Re: Teksavvy to Start - BEWARE

said by sbrook:

It's the way ROGERS handles the cancellations. In fact it's the way Rogers handles EVERYTHING. There is a guaranteed minimum 48 hour delay to EVERYTHING. And the only thing they say is they will acknowledge the request within 48 hours. That doesn't mean they'll do anything about it ... add at least another 2 business days.

"Teksavvy Jan 22 - Told that all cancellations are not filed until 5 days before, mine will be filed today"

Why is it Rogers' fault if the cancellation was not filed by Teksavvy?

jmck
formerly 'shaded'

join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Start Communicat..

you can ask TSI to provide a Rogers confirmation number for the cancellation. I had to ask them for it since it seems Rogers didn't see the cancellation in their system until TSI gave it to me which I then passed on to Start (again Rogers issue that their system sucks).

I didn't have a 5 day issue either, the day I asked TSI to cancel and mentioned that I needed the cancel pushed through to Rogers since I was switching is when they provided the Rogers confirmation.

Also one thing, if you own your modem and are moving it to a new TPIA, it seems there's a possibility of not having it active on the new provider for "a few hours" to 24 hours and this is because of Rogers it seems, so be ready for that.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24
reply to daytime09

Hi daytime09,

I am sorry that you experienced a frustrating situation. When we get a call from a customer using Cable Internet service (on Rogers' Network) wanting to cancel their service ASAP, we typically process the cancellation immediately on our side and submit it to Rogers that day, if not the next day.

I checked internally and the issue is that Rogers does not allow us to put "Today" as the cancellation date. They only allow us to choose as early as 4-5 days.

I am not sure if we miss communicated this to you or not but I would like to look into your account further to find out exactly what happened.

Can you please PM me your account details.

Thanks,

Andre
--
TSI Andre
Director of Service Delivery
Authorized TekSavvy Employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow me on Twitter!

daytime09

Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to daytime09

TSI Andre I sent you a PM

From what TSI Andre is saying that Rogers wont allow anything other then 5 days in advance, its impossible to transfer to Start without paying installation as they require 10 days notice

I don't know who to blame here just severely frustrated.

daytime09

reply to jmck

Oh and Shaded, Teksavvy did provide the cancellation number but Rogers could not see this number in their system.... and when I called Teksavvy said its filed but not processed until 5 days before.

jmck
formerly 'shaded'

join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Start Communicat..

well I believe Rogers needs 10 days notice to do a TPIA transfer, i'm not sure why you picked 5 days :/ unless I didnd't understand your post.

and yes, the same happened to me too, but Start was eventually able to get Rogers to be less retarded and find the termination order.

mlord

join:2006-11-05
Nepean, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to TSI Andre

said by TSI Andre:

I checked internally and the issue is that Rogers does not allow us to put "Today" as the cancellation date. They only allow us to choose as early as 4-5 days.

That's not what the customer was asking for. The customer in this case asked for a cancellation date at least 10-days later, but also requested that you not wait before forwarding the request to Rogers.

Usually this is handled fine, but in this case it seems to have gotten mucked up somehow.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

I know. He is referring to the actual process commencing asap. I just thought I would elaborate further.

I just got the OP's account info so I will be investigating further.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to mlord

Double post

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to daytime09

Alright,

I had a chance to look into this and it was human error.

We got the request cancel the service on 1/15 for 1/27.

On 1/15 we processed the cancellation on our side of things but the associate accidentally did not send the cancellation request. When you called yesterday, it prompted an investigation where we submitted it.

I am terribly sorry about this. This is not a common mistake and I personally spoke with the person that made the mistake and she feels really bad. I don't think she will be doing it again.

As for your service, what I can suggest is that I can attempt to get a hold of Rogers to change the disconnection date for 10 days out so you can place your order for then. In this process, I will make sure you are not billed for the extra days the service is on.

Let me know if this works for you.

Thanks,

Andre
--
TSI Andre
Director of Service Delivery
Authorized TekSavvy Employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow me on Twitter!

daytime09

reply to daytime09

Ah well I am glad we got to the root

Since I already requested a new install with Start, I dont know if this will work... let me call them

Will PM you once I have an answer

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

Awesome. Let me know.

daytime09

reply to daytime09

Andre just sent you a PM

Thanks again I appreciate the effort and investigation!

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

No worries. Just replied

mlord

join:2006-11-05
Nepean, ON
reply to TSI Andre

Good offer, Andre!

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

Thanks... Ultimately, we messed up but doesn't mean we can't make it right

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to daytime09

I got a confirmation from Rogers. Just sent you a PM with the date. Let me know how that turns out with Start

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON
kudos:12
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·FreePhoneLine
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to sbrook

said by sbrook:

Thought i'd point out that it wasn't. It was human error. Not everything is Rogers and Bell. This immediate blame game needs to stop. Teksavvy accepting this as a simple human error on their part makes them look far more respectable to me then this constant blame game.

said by TSI Andre:

Thanks... Ultimately, we messed up but doesn't mean we can't make it right

Good job Andre for keeping on top of it.

@OP - If you don't mind me asking, why are you switching? Speed?

daytime09

Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to daytime09

Thanks again Andre everything is good with Start now and the transfer has been confirmed (fingers crossed). I appreciate the above and beyond effort even for a customer who is leaving

Unfortunately yes I am switching because of the new speeds, I need the higher upload and 45/4 for an extra 15 bucks a month is too good to turn down.

I will most likely be back once Teksavvy gets everything figured out but I just dont want to wait around for it right now.

Teksavvy has been great for the 2 years I have been with them and I am sad to go

AkFubar
Admittedly, A Teksavvy Fan

join:2005-02-28
Toronto CAN.
reply to Tx

said by Tx:

said by sbrook:

Thought i'd point out that it wasn't. It was human error. Not everything is Rogers and Bell. This immediate blame game needs to stop. Teksavvy accepting this as a simple human error on their part makes them look far more respectable to me then this constant blame game.

Relax. He posted before TSI Andre completed his investigation. He had a much better than even money bet of being correct because most of the time it is Rogers or BHell.
--
If my online experience is enhanced, why are my speeds throttled?? BHell... A Public Futility.

Tx
Premium
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·FreePhoneLine
·Rogers Hi-Speed

said by AkFubar:

said by Tx:

said by sbrook:

Relax. He posted before TSI Andre completed his investigation. He had a much better than even money bet of being correct because most of the time it is Rogers or BHell.

Relax? huh? Point was, the blame game is old. It was commendable of Andre to admit to it and it was handled.

And you can also eat your own words too. He blamed before the investigation was completed. So blaming anyone was premature. This wasn't a negative post, quit turning everything in to a trolling expedition.

Tx
Premium
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·FreePhoneLine
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to daytime09

said by daytime09:

Thanks again Andre everything is good with Start now and the transfer has been confirmed (fingers crossed). I appreciate the above and beyond effort even for a customer who is leaving

Unfortunately yes I am switching because of the new speeds, I need the higher upload and 45/4 for an extra 15 bucks a month is too good to turn down.

I will most likely be back once Teksavvy gets everything figured out but I just dont want to wait around for it right now.

Teksavvy has been great for the 2 years I have been with them and I am sad to go

That CRTC decision could come any day now. Should have saved yourself the activation fee's.

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
kudos:1

said by Tx:

That CRTC decision could come any day now. Should have saved yourself the activation fee's.

Could also be weeks or even months to wait for it still.

daytime09

reply to daytime09

There is no activation fees lol, transfers are free

Tx
Premium
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·FreePhoneLine
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to daytime09

said by daytime09:

Called Start back and now since its past the 10 day notice I now need to schedule a new install and pay the install fee again to Rogers and go 3 days without Internet

This fee you mentioned is what i meant.

bbhog

join:2010-07-05
North York, ON
reply to daytime09

Doesn't it cost $65 to come back to TSI?

AkFubar
Admittedly, A Teksavvy Fan

join:2005-02-28
Toronto CAN.
reply to Tx

said by Tx:

Relax? huh? Point was, the blame game is old. It was commendable of Andre to admit to it and it was handled.

And you can also eat your own words too. He blamed before the investigation was completed. So blaming anyone was premature. This wasn't a negative post, quit turning everything in to a trolling expedition.

sbrook is entitled to express his opinion without being "wrapped on knuckles" by you. You are not a moderator so let people express themselves.
--
If my online experience is enhanced, why are my speeds throttled?? BHell... A Public Futility.