kudos:12
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·FreePhoneLine
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to sbrook

Re: Teksavvy to Start - BEWARE

said by sbrook:

It's the way ROGERS handles the cancellations. In fact it's the way Rogers handles EVERYTHING. There is a guaranteed minimum 48 hour delay to EVERYTHING. And the only thing they say is they will acknowledge the request within 48 hours. That doesn't mean they'll do anything about it ... add at least another 2 business days.

Thought i'd point out that it wasn't. It was human error. Not everything is Rogers and Bell. This immediate blame game needs to stop. Teksavvy accepting this as a simple human error on their part makes them look far more respectable to me then this constant blame game.

said by TSI Andre:

Thanks... Ultimately, we messed up but doesn't mean we can't make it right

Good job Andre for keeping on top of it.

@OP - If you don't mind me asking, why are you switching? Speed?

daytime09

join:2011-01-24
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to daytime09

Thanks again Andre everything is good with Start now and the transfer has been confirmed (fingers crossed). I appreciate the above and beyond effort even for a customer who is leaving

Unfortunately yes I am switching because of the new speeds, I need the higher upload and 45/4 for an extra 15 bucks a month is too good to turn down.

I will most likely be back once Teksavvy gets everything figured out but I just dont want to wait around for it right now.

Teksavvy has been great for the 2 years I have been with them and I am sad to go

AkFubar
Admittedly, A Teksavvy Fan

join:2005-02-28
Toronto CAN.
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to Tx

said by Tx:

said by sbrook:

It's the way ROGERS handles the cancellations. In fact it's the way Rogers handles EVERYTHING. There is a guaranteed minimum 48 hour delay to EVERYTHING. And the only thing they say is they will acknowledge the request within 48 hours. That doesn't mean they'll do anything about it ... add at least another 2 business days.

Thought i'd point out that it wasn't. It was human error. Not everything is Rogers and Bell. This immediate blame game needs to stop. Teksavvy accepting this as a simple human error on their part makes them look far more respectable to me then this constant blame game.

Relax. He posted before TSI Andre completed his investigation. He had a much better than even money bet of being correct because most of the time it is Rogers or BHell.
--
If my online experience is enhanced, why are my speeds throttled?? BHell... A Public Futility.

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·FreePhoneLine
·Rogers Hi-Speed

said by AkFubar:

said by Tx:

said by sbrook:

Relax. He posted before TSI Andre completed his investigation. He had a much better than even money bet of being correct because most of the time it is Rogers or BHell.

Relax? huh? Point was, the blame game is old. It was commendable of Andre to admit to it and it was handled.

And you can also eat your own words too. He blamed before the investigation was completed. So blaming anyone was premature. This wasn't a negative post, quit turning everything in to a trolling expedition.

Tx
Premium
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·FreePhoneLine
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to daytime09

said by daytime09:

Thanks again Andre everything is good with Start now and the transfer has been confirmed (fingers crossed). I appreciate the above and beyond effort even for a customer who is leaving

Unfortunately yes I am switching because of the new speeds, I need the higher upload and 45/4 for an extra 15 bucks a month is too good to turn down.

I will most likely be back once Teksavvy gets everything figured out but I just dont want to wait around for it right now.

Teksavvy has been great for the 2 years I have been with them and I am sad to go

That CRTC decision could come any day now. Should have saved yourself the activation fee's.

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
kudos:1

said by Tx:

That CRTC decision could come any day now. Should have saved yourself the activation fee's.

Could also be weeks or even months to wait for it still.

daytime09

join:2011-01-24
reply to daytime09

There is no activation fees lol, transfers are free

Tx
Premium
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·FreePhoneLine
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to daytime09

said by daytime09:

Called Start back and now since its past the 10 day notice I now need to schedule a new install and pay the install fee again to Rogers and go 3 days without Internet

This fee you mentioned is what i meant.

bbhog

join:2010-07-05
North York, ON
reply to daytime09

Doesn't it cost $65 to come back to TSI?

AkFubar
Admittedly, A Teksavvy Fan

join:2005-02-28
Toronto CAN.
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to Tx

said by Tx:

Relax? huh? Point was, the blame game is old. It was commendable of Andre to admit to it and it was handled.

And you can also eat your own words too. He blamed before the investigation was completed. So blaming anyone was premature. This wasn't a negative post, quit turning everything in to a trolling expedition.

sbrook is entitled to express his opinion without being "wrapped on knuckles" by you. You are not a moderator so let people express themselves.
--
If my online experience is enhanced, why are my speeds throttled?? BHell... A Public Futility.

Tx
Premium
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·FreePhoneLine
·Rogers Hi-Speed

said by AkFubar:

said by Tx:

sbrook is entitled to express his opinion without being "wrapped on knuckles" by you. You are not a moderator so let people express themselves.

I have no gripe with sbrook, never have. I politely pointed out the wrong that was made right leading to the point that Rogers & Bell are not always to blame. I tend to agree 99% of the time with sbrook, so again find a new person you're so infatuated to follow. I'm flattered you follow me everywhere i post.

said by bbhog:

Doesn't it cost $65 to come back to TSI?

I thought there were some fee's somewhere... As the OP said he supposedly has to pay an install fee a second time now. So fee's are there somewhere. TSI 'could' get a decision from the CRTC any day now (yes it could be months) but ISP hopping is a lot of work for a tiny bit more upload speed.

The Mongoose

join:2010-01-05
Toronto, ON
reply to AkFubar

said by AkFubar:

said by Tx:

I think TX has a fair point on this one. We don't always see eye-to-eye but in this case the Rogers sniping was a bit premature. I've been guilty of it myself...and yes, to your earlier point it's because it really, REALLY usually is Rogers' fault. Still, we should reserve judgment when we don't have all the facts.

TX and SBrook are both respected members here (as are you) so I'd say let this one go and focus on the drop-in ragers and usual trolls. Find one and I'll join you in a righteous beat-down.

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·WIND Mobile
reply to daytime09

For starters I misread what the OP said, and having misread, quoted the fact that Rogers sets its own timescales to do anything which can foul up any plans like this in the blink of an eye including causing TPIA staff to mishandle the requests.

It happens commonly enough to be a potential reason for what happened. As it turns out, maybe it wasn't, but that isn't reason for members here to go after each other.

TypeS

join:2012-12-17
London, ON
kudos:1

Good to see TSI Andre got the ball rolling on daytime09's transfer to Start.

Just goes to show patience pays off when something goes wrong.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24

I couldn't agree with you more

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON
kudos:10

Nice work Andre.

Mike

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

I try.

ssherwood
Premium
join:2002-02-23
Toronto, ON

1 edit

Andre - I have a similar transfer I'd like to make. Should I just call in to coordinate this, or should I work through you to ensure a smooth handover?

Edit - I've called into TSI support as Start gave me a detailed list of what to do. Crossing fingers that all will be well.

koolin

join:2005-12-20
Canada

Would you post this detailed list please

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to ssherwood

Going through regular process is key as when I get involved, I disturb the peace

If there are any issues though feel free to reach out to me

ssherwood
Premium
Toronto, ON
reply to koolin

said by koolin:

Would you post this detailed list please

Sure :

First, call Start and verify with them that your target date is OK. It needs to be at least 10 business days away from the day you call in to make your arrangements.

Then:

1) Call into TSI Support and let them know that you want to cancel *and* transfer your service to another provider.
2) Provide TSI your cancel/transfer date. (must be at least 10 business days away - so for me that was Feb.15 as today is Feb.1)
3) Ask that TSI "push" the cancellation request immediately.
4) Get TSI's confirmation number. (I also received an email with this number from TSI)
5) Ask for the Rogers Ticket # associated with the cancellation request.
6) Thank the nice TSI person for their kind help and wonderful service over the years.

Now call back Start and order your new service.

1) Make sure you tell them that you are transferring if you had cable service before. (saves you a $50 install fee)
2) If you are using your own modem, you will need to provide your "Customer Serial #" which is different from what you will find in the modem's GUI. Check your box/sticker for this info. You will also need to provide them your HFC MAC address for the modem.
3) Provide your TSI cancellation number
4) Provide your Rogers ticket number
5) Wait patiently for the 10 business days to pass
6) ENJOY extra Mbps!

-- SS

ssherwood
Premium
Toronto, ON
reply to TSI Andre

Thanks, Andre. I think everything went smoothly. I'll know for sure when Feb. 15 rolls around!

alpovs

join:2009-08-08
reply to ssherwood

Just called to cancel and transfer in 18 days from now and was told the cancellation will be pushed within 24-48 hours, not immediately. Couldn't get the Rogers ticket number.

Andre, is this right? Other people (ssherwood) seem to get the cancellations pushed immediately and get Rogers ticket numbers at the end of conversation.

TSI Martin
Premium
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:33

When you ask for immediately, we set the cancellation date on the day you request... so today. By the time Rogers gets it & they process the request. This can take up to 48hrs.
Once we send the email out to Rogers, there is no turning back.

Martin
--
TSI Martin (Escalations / E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow us on Twitter : @TekSavvyCSR ; @TekSavvyNetwork

alpovs

No, I asked to cancel in 18 days from now but push the request for the future cancellation to Rogers immediately. See ssherwood's post above. Looks like there is a confusion how transfers are done.

ssherwood
Premium
Toronto, ON

said by alpovs:

No, I asked to cancel in 18 days from now but push the request for the future cancellation to Rogers immediately. See ssherwood's post above. Looks like there is a confusion how transfers are done.

Right - I think the push to Rogers is what generated the Rogers ticket number. I was told (by Start) that the ticket number while not required can be helpful if/when there is an issue.

Anyway, it worked out for me when I called, though the CSR I spoke with didn't know about the Rogers ticket number when I asked, she placed me on hold and when she came back indicated she had obtained both numbers for me. Maybe due to training it's a YMMV situation, but in my experience if you are patient and nice when you call in, the CSR will go that extra mile and find the answer from a colleague or supervisor.

The confirmation email I received from TSI confirmed the 15th (not today or 2 days from now) as my cancel date, so I'm confident things were done as I've indicated.

Anyway - it certainly seems like getting this info is possible, and it was certainly refreshing to be treated well by TSI even though I was canceling my service.

-- SS

alpovs

Martin, Andre, can you check if my request was processed properly?

TSI Martin
Premium
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:33

Can you PM TSI Martin See Profile your account info & I'll look it up.

Martin

ssherwood
Premium
Toronto, ON
reply to alpovs

said by alpovs:

Did you receive an email from Teksavvy confirming the cancellation request?

alpovs

said by ssherwood:

said by alpovs:

Did you receive an email from Teksavvy confirming the cancellation request?

Yes, but it doesn't mean it was pushed to Rogers.