said by koolin:
Would you post this detailed list please
First, call Start and verify with them that your target date is OK. It needs to be at least 10 business days away from the day you call in to make your arrangements.
1) Call into TSI Support and let them know that you want to cancel *and* transfer your service to another provider.
2) Provide TSI your cancel/transfer date. (must be at least 10 business days away - so for me that was Feb.15 as today is Feb.1)
3) Ask that TSI "push" the cancellation request immediately.
4) Get TSI's confirmation number. (I also received an email with this number from TSI)
5) Ask for the Rogers Ticket # associated with the cancellation request.
6) Thank the nice TSI person for their kind help and wonderful service over the years.
Now call back Start and order your new service.
1) Make sure you tell them that you are transferring if you had cable service before. (saves you a $50 install fee)
2) If you are using your own modem, you will need to provide your "Customer Serial #" which is different from what you will find in the modem's GUI. Check your box/sticker for this info. You will also need to provide them your HFC MAC address for the modem.
3) Provide your TSI cancellation number
4) Provide your Rogers ticket number
5) Wait patiently for the 10 business days to pass
6) ENJOY extra Mbps!