Premium
join:2002-02-23
Toronto, ON
reply to koolin

Re: Teksavvy to Start - BEWARE

said by koolin:

Would you post this detailed list please

Sure :

First, call Start and verify with them that your target date is OK. It needs to be at least 10 business days away from the day you call in to make your arrangements.

Then:

1) Call into TSI Support and let them know that you want to cancel *and* transfer your service to another provider.
2) Provide TSI your cancel/transfer date. (must be at least 10 business days away - so for me that was Feb.15 as today is Feb.1)
3) Ask that TSI "push" the cancellation request immediately.
4) Get TSI's confirmation number. (I also received an email with this number from TSI)
5) Ask for the Rogers Ticket # associated with the cancellation request.
6) Thank the nice TSI person for their kind help and wonderful service over the years.

Now call back Start and order your new service.

1) Make sure you tell them that you are transferring if you had cable service before. (saves you a $50 install fee)
2) If you are using your own modem, you will need to provide your "Customer Serial #" which is different from what you will find in the modem's GUI. Check your box/sticker for this info. You will also need to provide them your HFC MAC address for the modem.
3) Provide your TSI cancellation number
4) Provide your Rogers ticket number
5) Wait patiently for the 10 business days to pass
6) ENJOY extra Mbps!

-- SS

ssherwood
Premium
Toronto, ON
reply to TSI Andre

Thanks, Andre. I think everything went smoothly. I'll know for sure when Feb. 15 rolls around!

alpovs

join:2009-08-08
reply to ssherwood

Just called to cancel and transfer in 18 days from now and was told the cancellation will be pushed within 24-48 hours, not immediately. Couldn't get the Rogers ticket number.

Andre, is this right? Other people (ssherwood) seem to get the cancellations pushed immediately and get Rogers ticket numbers at the end of conversation.

TSI Martin
Premium
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:32

When you ask for immediately, we set the cancellation date on the day you request... so today. By the time Rogers gets it & they process the request. This can take up to 48hrs.
Once we send the email out to Rogers, there is no turning back.

Martin
--
TSI Martin (Escalations / E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow us on Twitter : @TekSavvyCSR ; @TekSavvyNetwork

alpovs

No, I asked to cancel in 18 days from now but push the request for the future cancellation to Rogers immediately. See ssherwood's post above. Looks like there is a confusion how transfers are done.

ssherwood
Premium
Toronto, ON

said by alpovs:

No, I asked to cancel in 18 days from now but push the request for the future cancellation to Rogers immediately. See ssherwood's post above. Looks like there is a confusion how transfers are done.

Right - I think the push to Rogers is what generated the Rogers ticket number. I was told (by Start) that the ticket number while not required can be helpful if/when there is an issue.

Anyway, it worked out for me when I called, though the CSR I spoke with didn't know about the Rogers ticket number when I asked, she placed me on hold and when she came back indicated she had obtained both numbers for me. Maybe due to training it's a YMMV situation, but in my experience if you are patient and nice when you call in, the CSR will go that extra mile and find the answer from a colleague or supervisor.

The confirmation email I received from TSI confirmed the 15th (not today or 2 days from now) as my cancel date, so I'm confident things were done as I've indicated.

Anyway - it certainly seems like getting this info is possible, and it was certainly refreshing to be treated well by TSI even though I was canceling my service.

-- SS

alpovs

Martin, Andre, can you check if my request was processed properly?

TSI Martin
Premium
Chatham, ON

Can you PM TSI Martin See Profile your account info & I'll look it up.

Martin

ssherwood
Premium
Toronto, ON
reply to alpovs

said by alpovs:

Did you receive an email from Teksavvy confirming the cancellation request?

alpovs

said by ssherwood:

said by alpovs:

Did you receive an email from Teksavvy confirming the cancellation request?

Yes, but it doesn't mean it was pushed to Rogers.

ssherwood
Premium
Toronto, ON

Ahh - right. No Rogers ticket...

alpovs

reply to TSI Martin

said by TSI Martin:

Can you PM TSI Martin See Profile your account info & I'll look it up.

Martin

PM'ed.

TSI Martin
Premium
Chatham, ON

done.

alpovs

Thanks!