share rss forum feed

Octavean
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY
kudos:1
reply to Scilicet

Re: [My Review] Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Heat Pipe

I have three Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus HSF units which are not appreciably different from the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO. I think the only difference is the fan and native LGA2011 support for the EVO version. I’ve probably spent something like ~$20 for each unit and never had a fan failure with the oldest unit being several years old.

I think the LGA2011 kit for the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus cost something like ~$3 to ~$5 USD and the assembly does a fairly good job cooling my Intel Core i7 3930K CPU.

For what its worth, I also have four Antec 300 cases. Some versions of the Antec 300 have an opening in the motherboard tray to allow for bolt-through HSF installation / removal.

rusdi
American V
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-28
Flippin, AR
kudos:2

said by Octavean:

For what its worth, I also have four Antec 300 cases. Some versions of the Antec 300 have an opening in the motherboard tray to allow for bolt-through HSF installation / removal.

That sure is a handy "feature" on cases. Wish it were a ATX standard for ALL cases to have it. Makes installing after market cooler brackets & hardware SO much easier.

Scilicet
Spaced Out
Premium
join:2005-04-11
Aurora, CO
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Vonage
reply to Octavean

The stock fan on the Hyper 212 EVO is rated for 40,000 hours; >1666 days. I'm only getting ~90. I went with the recommendation by koitsu See Profile. I ordered the Noctua NF-F12 PWM rated at 150,000 hours. Cooler Master is sending yet another stock fan that I'll just stick in the junk drawer as a back up.

My Antec 300 does have an opening for HSF brackets, but it's too small to be of any use. I have to pull the board.
--
Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. ~ Nikola Tesla

me1212

join:2008-11-20
Pleasant Hill, MO
reply to rusdi

Its nice to have, except when your case was derp'd in construction and the cut out is in the wrong place and unusable.