« subparI pay for my content »
This is a sub-selection from Hmm....
Skippy25
join:2000-09-13
Hazelwood, MO

Skippy25 to silbaco

to silbaco

Re: Hmm....

Just out of curiosity.... What is your applied accusation here as I don't see this as being beneficial to google?
silbaco
Premium Member
join:2009-08-03
USA

silbaco

Premium Member

It's not that Google will benefit directly from it, but Google doesn't nor does anyone sane for that matter, want another SOPA bill. Anything they can do to to raise people's awareness on piracy issues, including funding surveys, will benefit them in the end. As both a video service provider and now an ISP, their liabilities would be very high if a new SOPA were to pass. They need to convince people that piracy is not a real issue because SOPA will probably rise again this year in a different form. It was Google probably more than anyone else that helped kill SOPA.
funny0
join:2010-12-22

funny0 to Skippy25

to Skippy25
said by Skippy25:

Just out of curiosity.... What is your applied accusation here as I don't see this as being beneficial to google?

why his implication is that the sky is purple of course!!!
devnuller
join:2006-06-10
Cambridge, MA

devnuller to Skippy25

to Skippy25
said by Skippy25:

It's all benefitial marketing/lobbying.

• cheap/free content - "Content should be free because it drives usage "
• cheap/free ISPs - "See how easy 1Gbps to the home is? Everyone must do it "
• cheap/free servers - "Install my cache (ISPs handle the space, power, network). It will save money "

While Google's costs go down, they are happy to handle all the Indexing, Customer Profiling, and Advertising.. That's where the real money is.

Great strategy... don't you see it?
« subparI pay for my content »
This is a sub-selection from Hmm....