Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

afterburn999

join:2010-09-12
Scarborough, ON
reply to DanceWithVPN

Re: VPN service

Cryptocloud did an interview with Torrentfreak on their VPN privacy article.

Give this article a read, it's 2 years old but they still stand by what they say. I've been with Cryptocloud for some 2+ years now, never had a problem.

»torrentfreak.com/which-vpn-provi···-111007/

VPNResearch

@lessnetworking.net
reply to MichelR

AirVPN has a good price. Distrust any statement that says "No monitoring nor logging of activities online".

They write "Q: Do you keep session logs or any other kind of logs that can be used to track identity and Net activity? A: No, we don't keep logs of that kind." Notice how they make the question very specific! This is intended to slightly mislead.

The privacy statement admits "Air servers and software procedures acquire only personal data which are strictly necessary for the technical functioning of the service, for example IP address." I don't see anything that says how long this data is retained.

SwissVPN is also very cheap at 6 CHF. TorrentFreak reports that session IPs (not visited content, websites, mail, etc.) are being logged for 6 months.

ibVPN appears to have an awesome price. They are also sneaky with their wording: "Do you keep logs? NO, we do not keep logs with our users` activity. Please read our Privacy Policy for more information." The Privacy policy admits "We will however record and keep the following data for 7 days: Time, date and location VPN connection was made, Duration of the VPN connection, Bandwidth used during the connection."

MichelR

join:2011-07-03
Ottawa, ON
reply to DanceWithVPN

I'm looking into AirVPN. They say they don't keep logs at all.

DanceWithVPN

@teksavvy.com
reply to afterburn999

Where do they say this? ibVPN is seriously inexpensive and claim only a 7 day log policy. Cryptocloud is 4x more expensive and not a peep about log retention. Must be a platinum coated service but the quality of their web site suggests otherwise. Why do you recommend them?

afterburn999

join:2010-09-12
Scarborough, ON
reply to compile

If you want true privacy with no records give Cryptocloud a chance. They're expensive but they stated several times they do not keep records.

TOPDAWG
Premium
join:2005-04-27
Midland, ON
kudos:3
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

1 edit
reply to komi

god damn it I just renewed two days ago. ok cool wrote them about it seeing if I could do anything and they'll give me an extra 6 months on my account. I also got a ref link if anyone wants to join :P so if you tell people about this make sure they use your ref link.

komi

join:2011-07-08
North York, ON
reply to TOPDAWG

And today ibvpn is 50% off. That's cheap!

TOPDAWG
Premium
join:2005-04-27
Midland, ON
kudos:3
reply to compile

I use ibvpn myself. It's pretty damn cheap and each package comes with a free DNS too for US content too. I use the VPN for myself and let my in laws use the DNS so they can get US netflix.

Jeffer71

join:2008-09-13
Carrying Place, ON
Reviews:
·Acanac
reply to simon726

said by simon726:

Are there any VPNs that are free or do you need to pay to access those VPN services?

Yes there are free ones but you get what you pay for.

The ones mentioned cost money.

If you're serious about online privacy do your research and find a good one, there are lots out there.

simon726

join:2006-12-21
Ajax, ON
reply to compile

Are there any VPNs that are free or do you need to pay to access those VPN services?

dnglbr
Premium
join:2002-03-23
North York, ON
reply to RLBL

I've heard good things about Astrill VPN

RLBL

join:2012-11-26
Gloucester, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to compile

I use strong VPN (www.strongvpn.com)

The have an excellent US/CAN/UK deal for $55/year. They have many servers across the US and quite a few in the UK.

I used them over unblock us because I have my PS3 connected to a router with dd-wrt. If you are only using a computer, something like unblockus works fine.

justaguy

@rogers.com
reply to compile

unblockus is not a vpn

»lifehacker.com/5935863/five-best···roviders

In the past I have prefered strongvpn.com they were the cheapest reliable service at the time.

nekkidtruth
YISMM
Premium
join:2002-05-20
London, ON
kudos:2
reply to compile

Also using Unblock-US here. Cheap and haven't had any issues.
--
Weeeeeee

cidknee0

join:2009-02-28
reply to compile

I have unblockus and it works great. That is the other one I was considering using.

compile

@rogers.com

Which vpn provider is the best to use with Rogers? I'm looking at privateinternetaccess.com but wanted to know what everyone else was using and how the speed/reliability is.