uniqs
silbaco
Premium Member
join:2009-08-03
USA

silbaco

Premium Member

Blockbuster

Dang. I wonder if my nearest Blockbuster will finally get the axe.
tired_runner
Premium Member
join:2000-08-25
CT

tired_runner

Premium Member

There were two within close driving distance from me. One shut down a long time ago, the remaining one just put up signs that it's closing.

Sadly but I saw this coming for them. Oh well.

RARPSL
join:1999-12-08
Suffern, NY

RARPSL

said by tired_runner:

There were two within close driving distance from me. One shut down a long time ago, the remaining one just put up signs that it's closing.

I know the feeling. I have lost 5 that I used to use (starting with the one that was in my town 5 minutes away from my house). The nearest one (which I currently use once a week to drop off my mailers along with a second trip once a month the next day to return my 2 coupon covered 1-day rentals off their shelf) is 20 minutes each way. There is only one other within 30 minutes. If they shut down that will be the end of the line for me since it will mean needing to mail my mailers back reducing how many I can rent. There is also the issue of their cutting back on how many titles they have. They have also reduced their rental periods to one day (down from 1 week and later 3 days) after the Dish got their hands on them.

I also periodically visit a friend on Florida and both of the Store Fronts I used to use when there are gone.
tired_runner
Premium Member
join:2000-08-25
CT

tired_runner

Premium Member

Yeh.. Well... End of a sweet era..

RIP Blockbuster