spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Mr Grumpy
@sbcglobal.net

Mr Grumpy

Anon

Ringmaster

Since U-verse service installed yesterday I no longer have my second virtual "Ringmaster" number. Can Ringmaster not be forwarded? Is Ringmaster available on U-verse phone service?

jtudor
MVM
join:2002-12-07
Morganton, NC

jtudor

MVM

When I had U-verse installed a year ago, I had to have ringmaster removed from my account before they could get my U-verse phone service working. It seems that for some reason the two services are not compatible.

Tech007
Premium Member
join:2013-01-25
Belleville, IL

Tech007

Premium Member

what is ringmaster? Is that what rings different times for add'l numbers? if it was POTS(Plain old telephone service) than jtudor would be right since the dialtone is no longer coming from a central office(CO) but directly out of the modem

Forosnai
join:2011-09-30

Forosnai to Mr Grumpy

to Mr Grumpy
Uverse voice uses "locate me" and multi user voice mail boxes to accomplish the same services as ringmaster.
»www.att.com/esupport/art ··· bGYmXCR2
Zoder
join:2002-04-16
Miami, FL

Zoder

That's not the same service. Ringmaster would give you multiple phone numbers for your home phone.

The idea is that each person has their own number. When somebody calls the house, the ring pattern varies depending on which number calls. The people in the house then know who the call is for without having to pick up the phone.

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

1 edit

NetFixer to Mr Grumpy

Premium Member

to Mr Grumpy
said by Mr Grumpy :

Since U-verse service installed yesterday I no longer have my second virtual "Ringmaster" number. Can Ringmaster not be forwarded? Is Ringmaster available on U-verse phone service?

I would highly doubt that AT&T offers RingMaster service on their U-verse VoIP service. It was not available to me when I migrated from POTS to ISDN, or when I had the AT&T CallVantage VoIP service. The reason is that the ring signal is generated by your local ATA with either ISDN or VoIP service. I suppose that it might be possible to program the ATA to produce a different ring signal for different incoming phone numbers, but AT&T in the past, has been unwilling/unable to do that.

I have been able to transfer a RingMaster POTS number to another AT&T service (as a full featured number), but if your old POTS account has been closed, it is too late for that.