Irish SharkPlay Like A Champion TodayPremium,MVM
Las Vegas, NV
|reply to tarkin96 |
Re: [Embarq] Internet Speed Patterns
• Anyone here can venture a guess on your issue, but that is what it will be a guess. We need some more data points before we proceed.
• Run a couple of tracerts to a couple of servers (near and far) and post what you get.
• What MODEM/Router are you using?
• Can you get into the MODEM/Router and post your line stats?
• Are the slow speeds at any hour of the day or at certain times?
• Any idea what the magical technical did to temporally fix it?
• Are you in a rural area or populated area?
• Any phone issues? Noise, buzzing, etc.?
"You can observe a lot by watching". Yogi Berra
Not sure vvha a tracert is. Is it possible you can tell me?
Our modem is a VVestel Model 7500.
Im not sure hovv to figure out line stats.
The slovv speeds are all day. It never goes slovv then fast or vice versa, except for vvhen it svvitches each month.
I knovv the tech ran some tests and checked the vvired connection vvith the vvires that run under the house and into other rooms. Then he oul come back inside and tell us everythign seemed perfectly fine and the internet ould be better for a vvhile.
VVe live live on a rural street, but vve have many more populated streets neighboring our street.
Thanks for the response