Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
reply to Scilicet

Re: [My Review] Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Heat Pipe

said by Scilicet:

In conclusion, if you're looking for quality in a heat pipe, you might want to consider a manufacturer other than Cooler Master.

What I could use now is a quality 120mm CPU fan. Any suggestions?

The CM Hyper 212+ is the most recommended CPU cooler here, PCPartsPicker, BaPC/Reddit, etc. Most reviews are done with stock fans, but I prefer using either the Noctua's or Yate Loon's with any cooler. I wouldn't touch any CM fans, for either cases or heat sinks. But it's hard to beat the efficient design of the HS.

Why would you bother with the shipping to RMA a fan??
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Scilicet
Spaced Out
Premium
join:2005-04-11
Aurora, CO
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Vonage

said by Krisnatharok:

Why would you bother with the shipping to RMA a fan??

Well, there's no return of the fan to Cooler Master, they just send out a new one in about 7 business days and I won't wait that long. I picked up the Noctua NF-F12 at Micro Center this morning, swapped the mounting brackets, and I'm up and running.
--
Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. ~ Nikola Tesla