Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

squirrel21

join:2007-03-12
New Port Richey, FL

1 edit

Must have missed the notice that Dish bought Blockbuster

How did the justice department allow this purchase? I know the repubs were on a merger-mania blitz before Obama came into office, but then again, AG Eric Holder has been AWOL on the job (so has Obama) going after small players in the white collar crime area, while letting the big guys off the hook -- how many Wall Street bankers have gone to jail? Where is the bail out for home owners and main street?

Merger-mania allowed the dissolution of Alltel into Verizon Wireless and the corresponding loss of duplicated jobs. Alltel cell and customer service were great and was another hit to our economy due to its loss.

This Dish operation smells just like the early 20th century case (»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Mo···nspiracy) where the American light rail system was decimated by GM/Firestone/Big_Oil -- eliminate part of your competition by buying them out! WAKE UP AMERICA! You are repeating history by not knowing the past and not standing up for your fellow man. WHEN YOUR JOB DISAPPEARS, YOU WILL BE MOSTLY TO BLAME BECAUSE YOU FAILED TO STAND UP! Find an alternative to DishNet and make them feel the pain!

This is why cable and wireless costs costs more in America, and why we're slowly choking to death from air pollution.

kxrm

join:2002-07-18
Fort Worth, TX

1 recommendation

Your first mistake is believing that there is a material difference between republicans and democrats on matters like the economy.

squirrel21

New Port Richey, FL

I agree but

I have more faith in being listened to by a Democrat. The whole Republican party, by marching in step against a black president, is taking us ALL BACK very close to the Great Depression. FDR did more for this country with his programs even though it was WWII that really pulled us out. I would have voted for the Green Party, but that would have been a wasted vote. We need to open the field up so that more party choices are viable starting with local races.

LIVE IN NJ, NY, PA AREA? How did you like all those Republicans voting against Hurricane Sandy relief? How many Democrats voted against Katrina, Joplin MO tornado, and the Virginia earthquake relief? Even Eric Cantor (R) wanted to withhold aid pending an equal cut in the budget to aid his own district -- the man is out for himself by doing such things, including holding the Debt Limit hostage while betting against the US govt by shorting US securities.

The first real problem is getting people to participate in the voting process period. The US has too low a voter turnout including the lack of will to email or phone their congressman on an issue.

I WOULD RATHER FOCUS ON PARTICIPATION AND EDUCATION RATHER THAN DISCUSSING OUR LIMITED TWO-PARTY SYSTEM!

buckweet1980

join:2011-12-31
Allen, TX

They voted against it because the bill was filled with pork for other states that didn't need it.. Why does Alaska need funding for state fisheries from this bill? Any and all money should be going to the victims, nothing more. The same happened with the Obamacare bill and every other bill that goes through our government on both sides of the aisle.

Go read the bills and stop spreading hate for a person/party who is trying to do what is right.. All parties/persons should have rejected the bill until the pork was removed from it.

squirrel21

New Port Richey, FL

1 edit

The reason it got stuffed with questionable pork is because the Republicans sat on the funding bill for soooo long to begin with and for which being a relief bill should be criminally inhumane, but that's par for the RW of the Republican party, and sadly, even Boehner didn't have the decency to stand up against them.

buckweet1980

join:2011-12-31
Allen, TX

1 recommendation

Pork was put in because they waited around.. What sense does that make? Pork gets put into bills so it gets snuck by the low informed American people, plain and simple. Then when it's blocked you can attack them with the media saying they don't support the overall purpose of the bill to make them look bad, this is exactly what happened. It's all political theater. Republicans didn't want to let the pork go through so they must be against the Sandy victims, those evil people!! Yet there was a bill without the pork (I'm sure some still made it in) that was passed last week.

It's the same story with the tax bill. Republicans didn't want taxes going up on anyone, but the media shunned them into submission. Obama and the Senate knew they didn't have to cave and the media has their back so it was a losing situation no matter what for the republicans. Somehow I still seem to remember that Obama vowed NO new taxes for people under 250K, yet even with this fiscal cliff bill passage somehow my taxes still went up 2% because of the social security rate increase. It's all smoke and mirrors.. Let's talk about this and don't look at what is going on over there.

From your comments all I can conclude is that it's always the republicans fault.. THEY ARE EVIL EVIL EVIL and it's never the left's fault.. So go on and keep telling yourself that, maybe someday you'll wake up. Both sides have caused problems with this nation, until you realize that you live in a false sense of reality. I don't know about all of the pork in the Sandy bill, but I do know that the pork for Alaska was put in my a democrat representative. So there's more than 1 part of this story. Don't let party loyalty make you put blinders on, that is what is wrong with the parties and followers today. It's about what is in best interest for me and my party, not the best interest for everyone.

squirrel21

New Port Richey, FL

I'm sorry. Did I go off track somewhere? Just see the following links from two key Republicans:

Governor Chris Christie:
»twitter.com/GovChristie/status/2···27406080

and
Rep Peter King:
»www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/0···281.html

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=CET075AFhTc

10 days for Katrina relief vs. 79 days for Sandy. I'll call it like I see it!

NOVA_UAV_Guy
Premium
join:2012-12-14
Purcellville, VA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to buckweet1980

Another atrocity happened today as well. The Republicans in the House caved in and voted to raise the debt ceiling just as Obama wanted - with not requiring even a single cent in spending decreases.

It is this nonsense on both sides that is driving Americans to distrust their elected officials even more and more. Obama wants spending increases, and spreads lies and propaganda until he gets his way. And the Republicans are just as bad, being spineless wimps without the requisite will to stand up and fight for reasonable spending decreases to offset the additional money flowing from the government into the economy.

It is time that America woke up to the reality that our nation is spending recklessly, and it is time for everyone - particularly those at the bottom of the economic scale and those running corporations - to accept that they are no more entitled to receive a single cent from the government than anyone else. Unfortunately we have a greater chance of cell phone companies deciding to not screw their customers and the RIAA and MPAA stopping their war on piracy than we do of this happening.

Obama screws the middle class for 4 years, and they return him to office in the classical "Thank you sir, may I have another?" theme. And those that didn't vote for that idiot voted for Romney - a man who supported many policies that were essentially the same garbage. When will we get a president in office who actually believes in "support and defend the Constitution" and who actually represents the middle class?