how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Navier

join:2012-10-29

Upgrading question. Speed in my area

Rocca
I was going to switch over to the advanced cable. Cogeco area.
When I connected with Start in December I was pulling in over 30 for approx 3 weeks then Cogeco fininished their upgrading or whatever they were doing and my speeds went down to the 20/1.5 that I subscribed to.
I checked your website to verify as I was curious to see if the 55 was available but your area code lookup says the most I can get is 16. I know this is wrong as I already got 30's with Start. Said to contact support to see if higher was available.
I did and they replied "I would like to confirm you would like to switch to the new Advanced internet package? Since the area you reside in only qualifies for up to 16Mbp we would be unable to upgrade the speed. The newer package has 250GB of usage instead of the 300GB you currently have."

Kinda of pointless to switch and lose 50 gig but I am already getting more than they say I can and went well above that at one point.
Anyway to verify that I can go to advanced. Or if I do go and it isn't there can I go back to what I had?
Thanks
Brian

Guru

join:2008-10-01
kudos:2
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
said by Navier:

Or if I do go and it isn't there can I go back to what I had?

Nope, you would loose it. I would advise to stick to what you have!

rocca
Start.ca
Premium
join:2008-11-16
London, ON
kudos:23
reply to Navier
If you PM me your account # I can look? The database is likely wrong for your postal code.