altermatt
Premium
join:2004-01-22
White Plains, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to RolteC

Re: Verizon FiOS Mobile App for iPad - Now Available

Forgive me if this is a clueless question, but is this/will this be available for android? I know there's an android app to control DVR, etc. but I'd love to be able to watch TV on my tablet when travelling.
--
The truth of a thing is the feel of it, not the think of it. -- Stanley Kubrick

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by altermatt:

Forgive me if this is a clueless question, but is this/will this be available for android? I know there's an android app to control DVR, etc. but I'd love to be able to watch TV on my tablet when travelling.

Verizon was asked via twitter, and the response: "All in good time." which is a typical response from a company that doesn't "get" how to treat customers.

altermatt
Premium
join:2004-01-22
White Plains, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
Thanks, PJL. I've noticed a number of companies coming out with iPad apps before Android apps, which mystifies me, since I'm under the impression that there is a much wider Android installed base. There are many Android-compatible tablets (and smartphones) and only iPad (and iPhone) on the Apple end.
--
The truth of a thing is the feel of it, not the think of it. -- Stanley Kubrick

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by altermatt:

Thanks, PJL. I've noticed a number of companies coming out with iPad apps before Android apps, which mystifies me, since I'm under the impression that there is a much wider Android installed base. There are many Android-compatible tablets (and smartphones) and only iPad (and iPhone) on the Apple end.

There are probably more iPads at this point then Android tablets, although for cell phones the numbers of Android phones to iPhones are closer if not greater.