Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

nyrmetros

join:2008-02-01
Oakland Gardens, NY
reply to SimplyDrew

Re: Samsung FiOS smart app issues

So you were right! The fios application was added on 3/3/13. I was not able to activate it though because I have exceeded the 5 device limit... Which I can't figure out.....

Rattler

join:2001-04-13
Havertown, PA
reply to Rattler

Click for full size
Thought this might be of interest...

Here's a plot of a 10-minute period of what went through my WRT54GS router while watching an HD channel on the player.

Nothing else was happening on my WLAN at the time. My WLAN goes through the Linksys but all Ethernet connections are directly to the Actiontec (primary router). I use the WRT54GS as my WLAN access point because it provides better wireless connection than the Rev. C Actiontec.
--
Never raise your hands to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected. -- Red Buttons

DGGSLF

join:2007-04-14
Lynn, MA
reply to PJL

PJL,

I believe it was a Verizon problem and here is why. Verizon has updated the app several times to resolve issues and if I look at the version date and number on the app that was installed on my TV today, the release date is 02/27/13.

If you read from the begining of this thread (and another thread that I opened), you'll see how long ago this issue was being worked by VZ. I also have feedback in the direct forum that VZ was working on resolving my issue, so I speak with some historical facts as a basis.

I think there may have been a week's delay on the Samsung side to get it into the app store (I assume for testing/validation purposes).

Bottom line, its working now!

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
kudos:2

said by DGGSLF:

PJL,

I believe it was a Verizon problem and here is why. Verizon has updated the app several times to resolve issues and if I look at the version date and number on the app that was installed on my TV today, the release date is 02/27/13.

If you read from the begining of this thread (and another thread that I opened), you'll see how long ago this issue was being worked by VZ. I also have feedback in the direct forum that VZ was working on resolving my issue, so I speak with some historical facts as a basis.

I think there may have been a week's delay on the Samsung side to get it into the app store (I assume for testing/validation purposes).

Bottom line, its working now!

The information you added easily convinced me. Verizon has a terrible track record with app development -- whether it's on Android, iPad, and Samsung as you point out, but at least not on Windows 8 -- oh they don't have any on that platform -- and even their own STB widgets. They put something out that is so buggy that people get turned off by the experience. (See, I can be critical too!)

nyrmetros

Oakland Gardens, NY
reply to SimplyDrew

Now my issue is that according to Verizon my account is only allowed 5 devices to be remotely hooked up to a Fios account, and I am already at that limit...

DGGSLF

join:2007-04-14
Lynn, MA
reply to nycdave

Do we know when the 2013 Samsung Blu-ray players will be supported?

I just got a BD-F5900 player for another room and updated it with the latest firmware, version 1007. Unfortunately, it appears that the FiOS is not yet available in the app store.

Rattler

join:2001-04-13
Havertown, PA

said by DGGSLF:

I just got a BD-F5900 player for another room and updated it with the latest firmware, version 1007. Unfortunately, it appears that the FiOS is not yet available in the app store.

I wonder whether that is a V* or a Samsung issue??? Guess it depends on whether V* has to approve it or whether Samsung needs to test it and update their APP store database.

I can say that the current firmware version number for the (2012) BD-E5900 is 1059. So, there is a difference there.
--
Never raise your hands to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected. -- Red Buttons

bluepoint

join:2001-03-24

Samsung's release notes as of March 16 firmware release for my Samsung TV:

Upgrade File(USB type) (Firmware) (ver.1031.0)

1.Title Firmware for LED TV D60** / D64** / D6500 series (ver. 1031.0)
2.Applicable Model LED TV D6000SF / D6050TF / D6400UF / D6420UF / D6450UF / D6500VF Series
3.Description

- Supports the lastest Verizon, MLB.TV, Netflix apps.

- Adds DirecTV RVU feature. (Only for D6000, D6400 and D6420)

- Decreases flickering problem on 3D mode. (Only for 3D Model)

- Changes the way to get out of Store Demo Mode

- Prevents escaping issue when pressing volume button on video apps(Netflix, Vudu, etc)

- Supports Remote Service
All OS Mar 16, 2013 ENGLISH 88.22

Ramias

join:2004-03-17
Alexandria, VA
reply to DGGSLF

said by DGGSLF:

+1. I'm trying to find a Samsung BD player that supports:
1. The FiOS App
2. Amazon Instant Streaming
3. The RedBox app
4. Plex
5. Netflix

Can't seem to find a BD player that maps to all 5 of these (I can't find one that even maps to the top 2). Any ideas?

webcobbler

join:2013-03-09
Rumson, NJ

2 things:

1) bluepoint - What site do you go to , to see the Samsung release notes? I have been trying to find out ever since I bought.

Thanks

2) Ramias - AFAIK, no 2013 Samsung BD players work. The ones that work with the FiOS app are certain D series and E series BD players.

Regarding Amazon Prime , the Samsung 2013 BD F5900 and BD F7500 should work. There are no 2012 or less models that are compatible. Again, AFAIK.

bluepoint

join:2001-03-24

Click for full size
changelog
said by webcobbler:

2 things:

1) bluepoint - What site do you go to , to see the Samsung release notes? I have been trying to find out ever since I bought.

Just go to here »www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads and feed your TV model, it will bring you to all downloadable links. Once in that page the firmware version is clickable to reveal the changelog.

wmcbrine
213 251 145 96

join:2002-12-30
Laurel, MD
kudos:1
reply to Ramias

said by Ramias:

+1. I'm trying to find a Samsung BD player that supports:
1. The FiOS App

Don't bother. They can pull the rug out from under you at any time. The app was working perfectly with my LG BD player, and then Verizon just dropped support for it. They gave notice, but no explanation. It was a 2012 model.

The only thing I'd trust the app to keep working with is the iPad, if that.
--
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

webcobbler

join:2013-03-09
Rumson, NJ
reply to bluepoint

thanks bluepoint

Appreciate it

nyrmetros

Oakland Gardens, NY

Well, so far they are still working on my Samsung E5900 bluray player.....