spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Wapcaplet

join:2005-03-31
Pasadena, CA

[ADSL2] Port 25 blocked on Fusion with dynamic IP?

Looks like my dynamic-IP Fusion service just came online, but I can't connect via port 25 to my mail server. I have "Allow Port 25 Bypass" checked in the Firewall settings.

I noticed the IP I've got is actually registered to sonic.net, and I believe they block port 25 on dynamic IP addresses. One of the reasons I chose DSL Extreme over Sonic years ago is that DSL Extreme allows users to unblock port 25 on dynamic IP addresses, while Sonic doesn't. My guess is that, since the IP is registered to sonic.net, I can't remove the port 25 block, which would be very disappointing, given I chose DSL Extreme to avoid this ridiculous policy.

Is it possible to unblock port 25 on a dynamic-IP Fusion account?

dslx_gm
Premium,VIP
join:2002-12-26
Chatsworth, CA
kudos:17
Hi Wapcaplet See Profile,

Unfortunately it is not possible to remove the port 25 filter. That was likely showing up in the Members from the old service. I will ask our development team to take a look. I apologize for the confusion.

Does your mail server support sending over an alternate port?

Thanks
--
George
General Manager
DSL Extreme
Will work for reviews.

Wapcaplet

Pasadena, CA
said by dslx_gm:

Hi Wapcaplet See Profile,

Unfortunately it is not possible to remove the port 25 filter. That was likely showing up in the Members from the old service. I will ask our development team to take a look. I apologize for the confusion.

Does your mail server support sending over an alternate port?

Thanks

Yes, I have it set up so that outgoing mail goes through port 587, but the problem is that port 25 is blocked for incoming as well as outgoing, so I can't receive any mail from other servers. Fortunately I have a backup server that's temporarily holding my incoming mail at the moment.

There is no port 25 block if I upgrade to a static IP, right? Any chance the $5 fee can be waived since this restriction wasn't specified anywhere? I definitely would have thought twice about upgrading had I known about the block.

dslx_gm
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA
said by Wapcaplet:

There is no port 25 block if I upgrade to a static IP, right? Any chance the $5 fee can be waived since this restriction wasn't specified anywhere? I definitely would have thought twice about upgrading had I known about the block.

That is correct, there isn't a port 25 filter on the static IP accounts. If you were to upgrade to static IP service it would be removed. Unfortunately I can't waive that fee.
--
George
General Manager
DSL Extreme
Will work for reviews.

Wapcaplet

Pasadena, CA
said by dslx_gm:

That is correct, there isn't a port 25 filter on the static IP accounts. If you were to upgrade to static IP service it would be removed. Unfortunately I can't waive that fee.

Grrr. Oh well. Thanks, George.

How do I actually upgrade to 1 static IP? If I go to the Modify Your Internet link, it doesn't list 1 static IP as an upgrade option -- only 1 dynamic (which I already have), 4 static, and 8 static. Even more weird is that my "Current Services" summary says I have "8 Static IPs total (0 used)".

Also, do I have control over Reverse DNS with a Fusion static IP?

dslx_gm
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA
said by Wapcaplet:

said by dslx_gm:

Grrr. Oh well. Thanks, George.

How do I actually upgrade to 1 static IP? If I go to the Modify Your Internet link, it doesn't list 1 static IP as an upgrade option -- only 1 dynamic (which I already have), 4 static, and 8 static. Even more weird is that my "Current Services" summary says I have "8 Static IPs total (0 used)".

Also, do I have control over Reverse DNS with a Fusion static IP?

Can yo please provide your account number or username so I can have someone take a look at why it isn't letting you upgrade?

I am checking with our operations team on if you will have the ability to change the reverse DNS. I should have a answer by tomorrow.

Thanks
--
George
General Manager
DSL Extreme
Will work for reviews.

Wapcaplet

Pasadena, CA
said by dslx_gm:

Can yo please provide your account number or username so I can have someone take a look at why it isn't letting you upgrade?

I am checking with our operations team on if you will have the ability to change the reverse DNS. I should have a answer by tomorrow.

Thanks

George, you have IMs disabled. How should I provide you my account information?

dslx_nick
Premium,VIP
join:2011-12-24
Chatsworth, CA
kudos:29
I've got your account info; I'll send it over George.

Wapcaplet

Pasadena, CA
I'd like to get my mail server back up and visible soon -- would it be OK if I just called the Sales line to order the static IP? Or would that make things more complicated?

dslx_gm
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA
said by Wapcaplet:

I'd like to get my mail server back up and visible soon -- would it be OK if I just called the Sales line to order the static IP? Or would that make things more complicated?

Nick sent me over your account information. I am taking a look for you and will get back to you shortly.

Thanks