Premium
join:2009-06-29
Victoria, BC
kudos:6
reply to Balanced2

Re: [Voip.ms] porting land-line number from verizon

said by Balanced2 :

totally false

it IS sufficient and for example we ported home POTS numbers to CallCentric from the biggest land line ma bell carrier in the US

Which provider do you work for? How many ports have you been involved with?

An invoice is usually sufficient for simple ports, and sometimes for more complex ports. When the losing carrier wants to play hardball, however, the CSR is the answer to force them to comply.
--
I represent AcroVoice, a full service Canadian VoIP Provider.
Buy your Obihai ATA shipped from within Canada.

horacebork
Premium
join:2011-03-17
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·voip.ms
said by Trev:

An invoice is usually sufficient for simple ports, and sometimes for more complex ports. When the losing carrier wants to play hardball, however, the CSR is the answer to force them to comply.

which again gets me back to: how can i get verizon to 1) acknowledge that there is such a thing as a csr and 2) provide a copy of this report to me.

they constantly ask me what is on the csr, and then state that the bill has exactly all the information i am requesting. the links given above by larry hawkin and engineerdan are good links. when i read the information provided on those links to the person at verizon, they calmly state that all this information is on the bill.

it's all very circular, but verizon support is stalwart and resolute.
--
".. the sofa has just vanished." ".. well, that's one mystery less."

MichelR

join:2011-07-03
Ottawa, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·voip.ms
·Rogers Hi-Speed

1 edit
reply to Trev
said by Trev:

said by Balanced2 :

totally false

it IS sufficient and for example we ported home POTS numbers to CallCentric from the biggest land line ma bell carrier in the US

Which provider do you work for? How many ports have you been involved with?

Yep, that's all I had to do. I sent a scan of my most recent invoice with my signature on it, and the port went ahead without any problems, port was done in the expected timeframe.
Expand your moderator at work

horacebork
Premium
join:2011-03-17
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·voip.ms

1 edit
reply to MichelR

Re: [Voip.ms] porting land-line number from verizon

said by MichelR:

Yep, that's all I had to do. I sent a scan of my most recent invoice with my signature on it, and the port went ahead without any problems, port was done in the expected timeframe.

this is *exactly* what i sent in to voip.ms to initiate the port request. they have tried the port a few times and so far, nothing has happened except sending me a bunch of cryptic, techno-jargon emails from voip.ms stating i have to get verizon to send me a csr or add another btn to my account or some other such mumbo jumbo. verizon says my number can be ported from my account without any problems.

someone is issuing static. i still don't know who, just yet. i suspect verizon at this point.

if there is a simple way to get this done, i have not discovered it.
shoulda already been did by now.

--
".. the sofa has just vanished." ".. well, that's one mystery less."