Premium Member
join:2011-03-17

3 edits

horacebork to MartinM

Premium Member

to MartinM

Re: [Voip.ms] porting land-line number from verizon

not sure really who to reply to .. =)

this is still a 'he said she said' thing. voip.ms claims that their carrier cannot proceed without the csr: they cannot make the port actually occur. verizon is resolute in their stance that they have no idea what a csr is.

voip.ms claims that verizon is telling them that there are multiple btns on the account and that verizon can't do a 'partial port'. verizon looks at my account and says there is one btn on my account and no other services like dsl, wireless, tv or anything. verizon techs (several of them) have claimed that there is nothing on this account that would prevent it from being ported. someone is definitely being deceitful and frankly, i'm confused as to who.

called the fcc about this issue and *they* don't even know what a csr is. the lady didn't even know what a "partial port" is. just had me file a claim to have them release my phone number on a port request.

i'm suspicious of verizon if only for one thing: every time i ask (anyone - different person each time) to provide a csr for me, they uniformly ask me: "what would you like on the csr?" so far, not a single person i have spoken to has omitted asking me this question. it's just a little too suspicious. sounds like training to me.

however, i am definitely on the short end of the stick. i don't know enough. i'm trying to talk to sensible people at verizon. this person does not seem to exist. one person seemed to come close by stating: "we have your record here on our computer, but we cannot give you that information. we can read it off the screen, but cannot provide you with a printed report."

that's almost proof that they *do* in-fact know what a csr is .. they just don't want to give it to me.

if anyone has a good 'script' or how to find the right kind of person in the right department, i would be very grateful.
Mango
Use DMZ and you get a kick in the dick.
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net

Mango

Premium Member

said by horacebork:

i'm gonna drop verizon like a hot potato as soon as the port is complete.

said by horacebork:

verizon looks at my account and says there is one btn on my account and no other services like dsl, wireless, tv or anything.

Just to clarify, what are you going to drop as soon as the port is complete? By definition, completing the port means you drop your landline service. Do you have any other landlines or ANYTHING with Verizon?

horacebork
Premium Member

horacebork

Premium Member

mango

i really appreciate you helping to delve into the problem. one-by-one:

1. i will drop *all*verizon*service* as soon as the port is complete. they have been nothing but a headache from the start.

2. i have *no*other*landlines or ANYTHING with verizon. used to have dsl, and that was dropped 2 years hence. the *only* thing i send *any* money to verizon for is my *single* land line.

(#2 is the crux of the problems: voip.ms' carrier claims verizon is telling them this is a partial port and they won't have a btn if they port this number away. verizon tells *me* there is only the single land line number and it can be ported at any time.)

Trev
AcroVoice & DryVoIP Official Rep
Premium Member
join:2009-06-29
Victoria, BC

Trev

Premium Member

said by horacebork:

1. i will drop *all*verizon*service* as soon as the port is complete. they have been nothing but a headache from the start.

Did you tell this to voip.ms?

I think your problems will be resolved if you provide voip.ms a list of ALL numbers on your account, itemized as "please PORT these numbers: a, b, and c; please DISCONNECT these numbers: d, e, and f"

Once Verizon has this entire list on the port request there won't be any stranded numbers and no need to designate a new BTN.

Disclaimer: I have far more experience with Canadian porting than I do American porting, so I could be off base here... but that's how I would arrange such a request when Bell or Telus are playing dumb.

horacebork
Premium Member

horacebork

Premium Member

trev

again.. if i had other numbers, i would have provided them to voip.ms.
this entire problem is 'he-said-she-said' with yours-truly in the middle.
re-read the thread and you'll see what i mean.

Trev
AcroVoice & DryVoIP Official Rep
Premium Member
join:2009-06-29
Victoria, BC

Trev

Premium Member

There's no secondary number that gives you a double ring or anything like that?

horacebork
Premium Member

horacebork

Premium Member

trev

not a single blessed thing like that.
as far as i can tell on my bill (and what i've been paying for all these years)..
and as far as anyone at verizon will tell me (and seems to be correct)..
there is only the one number on my bill.

let's put it this way: if there is a second number on my account, i have no idea what the number is, who's paying for it and where it rings.

suppafly
Premium Member
join:2009-11-27

suppafly to horacebork

Premium Member

to horacebork
Hello Horace

It is in the case of these rejections that our underlying carrier who is handling this specific port for us is requesting a copy of the CSR (Customer service record), or at least the specific customer´s name and address as it is listed on their CSR to lower the chance of receiving a rejection from the current provider.

Sometimes one can not get clear answers from the current provider because most of the first level service representatives may not be familiar of how porting works where something is rejected.

On these cases is recommended to request politely to be transferred directly to their porting department (sometimes called LNP department, for local number portability) and then request them the information from this number to assure a port out. I can not think there may be one LNP department from any provider where they would not know what an actual Customer Service Record is when their own website mentions it.

We apologize for this inconvenience however we can resubmit as soon as the CSR (or the information on it) is provided, to assure the current provider does not reject it again

I will handle any more questions you may have via your existing tickets of this porting request.

Regards

horacebork
Premium Member

horacebork

Premium Member

suppafly
said by suppafly:

... I will handle any more questions you may have via your existing tickets of this porting request.

i really appreciate you offering to go to bat for me at voip.ms.
i have pm'd you with the ticket numbers and voip.ms contact.
Expand your moderator at work