spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Rick4769
join:2012-11-21
Buffalo, NY

Rick4769

[TWC] Time Warner to spend $50 million in advertising

Thought I would pass this on. I know in my area of Amherst, the FIOS trucks are doing a lot of installs. I counted 7 trucks alone today in a three block area.

»www.nytimes.com/2013/01/ ··· ml?_r=1&

Jabbu
Premium Member
join:2002-03-06

Jabbu

Premium Member

You will always see their trucks in a concentrated area. They have their sales guy go into small areas and harass people to sign up, they spent so much to build out, they need those people to sign up. Its nothing new, and you'll see a TWC truck at 3-5 of those homes once the promo ends.

bluepoint
join:2001-03-24

bluepoint

said by Jabbu:

They have their sales guy go into small areas and harass people to sign up, they spent so much to build out, they need those people to sign up.

I wonder why they have to harass people into signing?

MeInDallas
join:2001-08-17
Dallas, TX

MeInDallas to Rick4769

to Rick4769
I just wish they would get this IP technology thing going so I can get my hands on one of those 6 tuner gateways. These 2 tuner DVR's just dont cut it anymore.
Fleeced
join:2012-10-06

Fleeced to bluepoint

to bluepoint
said by bluepoint:

I wonder why they have to harass people into signing?

Believe it or not, people are actually happy with their current services and didn't really want to switch.

bluepoint

bluepoint

Really?

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

Yes really.

Hob

bluepoint

bluepoint

Who else is coming?

MeInDallas
join:2001-08-17
Dallas, TX

MeInDallas to Rick4769

to Rick4769
Compared to whats out there in my area, I'll keep what I have. I've been with TWC since they were Comcast, before that AT&T, before that TCI Cable, and in the beginning it was Warner-Amex. Thats 31 years total.

JustBurnt
@rr.com

JustBurnt to Rick4769

Anon

to Rick4769
This again ... advertising is part of EVERY company's budget.

I don't understand the "harass people to sign up" comment, it is called door-to-door sales and in the "old days" it was very common.