horacebork
Premium Member
join:2011-03-17

horacebork to Bhutan Bob

Premium Member

to Bhutan Bob

Re: [Voip.ms] porting land-line number from verizon

said by Bhutan Bob :

1) No, there is no form from Verizon. You fill out forms for the new carrier.

right. done that.
said by Bhutan Bob :

2) Part of the problem here is that you are trying to do work normally done by the CLEC that works for your desired new VoIP provider.

right. wouldn'ta even tried 'cept voip.ms said that without me asking them to obtain something from verizon, they couldn't proceed with the port.
said by Bhutan Bob :

3) If you do have to talk to Verizon yourself, you need to be polite but firm. Explain that you have made many calls already, ask that the problem be "escalated" to a "Level 2" supervisor or words to that effect. You have to say escalated. Or you can ask to speak to the team that handles "LNP" or "number porting".

i'll give that a try tomorrow. can't wait. %-}
said by Bhutan Bob :

4) Are you registered on Verizon's website? You can probably print off a lot of your account data from the Verizon website. It may be enough.

yes. i am looking at it right now. not sure what information i could save from this site that would help voip.ms. it's all broken down into glacially-paced screen fades and popups. neat. if there is a concise 'report' of services page, i'm not sure where it is.
said by Bhutan Bob :

5) If all else fails, go to the FCC website and file a porting complaint with the FCC, against Verizon.

done. they will send it to verizon so it can get buried in peat moss for a few months before being recycled into lighters. (badly plagiarized).

Bhutan Bob
@optonline.net

Bhutan Bob

Anon

Actually, the FCC does take an interest in number porting complaints. Nothing can be guaranteed, but it is worth doing, they have stepped in sometimes.

Regarding the Verizon Website, it couldn't hurt to send a support request to them by e-mail or by live chat.

Try live chat first, if they are fools too you can always try e-mail. It's all under Support....Contact.

Verizon has many different geographic divisions and different lines of business. Nevertheless, here is a sample of a Customer Service Record right from a Verizon website:

(Word 97-03 DOC document)
»www22.verizon.com/wholes ··· NE_P.doc

horacebork
Premium Member
join:2011-03-17

horacebork

Premium Member

the chat was fruitless. with the direct link you provided the person gave me the typical response, then was adamant. below is the transcript. should i expect anything different from email support at this point? i have no confidence that verizon can or will send me a csr.

Your Question:i need help obtaining my csr (customer service record)
[deleted information about account number, etc.]
Stephen(09:24:33): You can view your records online at www.verizon.com
horacebork(09:24:54): where is the link to my csr?
Stephen(09:25:29): You will probably find most items you need under the profile page. What exactly are you looking for.
horacebork(09:25:59): the customer service record report. verizon has an example of this report on their
Stephen(09:26:34): That looks like billing information
Stephen(09:26:44): You have the ability to download your online bill [.. nonsense about online bill deleted ..]
horacebork(09:27:03): it looks like a report to me. it's not like any bill i have seen. i already have my bill
Stephen(09:28:51): Reviewing it further, that looks like some basic codes for one of our systems.
Stephen(09:29:01): You do not have access to it. Sorry about that.
horacebork(09:30:16): the customer service record isn't proprietary, is it? it looks like information that's relating to my account.
Stephen(09:30:36): Sure the records in our database it is.
horacebork(09:31:11): ok. maybe the record itself is, but the paper print out can be sent to me.
Stephen(09:31:32): Nope sorry.
Stephen(09:33:16): Sorry I cannot help you with that.
Stephen(09:33:27): All set for now?