All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
KillRoy
join:2002-07-22
Nashville, TN

KillRoy to Bill Neilson

to Bill Neilson

Re: Significant outage across Southeast US?

Nashville TN

Ours was out completely yesterday morning and right before we left for work it all came back on. no issues so far. My Mom has it in Hendersonville TN but she said hers didn't come back till late Monday afternoon.

However there is still a big issue with online gaming especially XBox Live where we're still down. On the Xbox.com site they give a report/update every 30+min and still no fix.

»support.xbox.com/en-US/x ··· e-status
Frodo
join:2006-05-05

Frodo

said by KillRoy:

Nashville TN
However there is still a big issue with online gaming especially XBox Live where we're still down. On the Xbox.com site they give a report/update every 30+min and still no fix.

There is an Xbox thread here. I'm reading that when some people experiencing the outage get assigned an IP address, that it is coming with an MTU of 576 which is incompatible with Xbox.

To check and see if you got the right MTU, on the 3600 and probably the 3800, check in the modem under settings, Broadband, status. Right underneath the Mac address is the MTU setting that is being reported being set at 576. Since I'm not part of this outage, mine is showing 1500.