Operating System Windows 8
Item Dimensions L x W x H 13.75 x 23 x 29.25 inches
Color Black
Processor Brand AMD
Hard Drive Rotational Speed 7200 RPM

Cptbeatstix

join:2011-12-21
Carrollton, TX

Not too shabby on the hard drive. Should run wow perfectly. I run the Radeon HD 5500 series and get about 80 fps not doing much and about 45 fps in the LFR. Should be a decent rig. Any idea if its 32 bit or 64 bit?

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5
reply to Soldier78

»PC gaming Tech

This is the place to get input from the best.
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

Soldier78

join:2013-01-14
Belleville, NJ
reply to Cptbeatstix

im looking all over and cant seem to find if its 32 or 64 hmm. Honestly though my wifes lap top is running the game at 10-19fps will all setting set to the lowest so i just want to play my lock again

Cptbeatstix

join:2011-12-21
Carrollton, TX
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Soldier78

Only reason I ask is that if you are on 64 bit, you could eventually upgrade to 16GB of RAM. All in all, it will run like a dream. Like I said, my comp has really old specs seeing that its about 4 years old and plays wow fine. Should be super smooth for you with a few tweaks. Just make sure you're running a decent monitor to match the quality of the graphics.

Soldier78

Belleville, NJ

I have a good monitor but its not an HD one. I will be my next purchase but i cant wait to play some Diablo 3

Suniojii

join:2009-10-31
Lakeside, CA
reply to Soldier78

Why not just cut out the middle man and go direct to ibuypower.com. I've bought my last 3 systems from them. Zero problems so far.

Expand your moderator at work

Soldier78

Belleville, NJ
reply to Suniojii

Re: Back after 2 years and wondering about this PC on Amazon

I just got an Amazon store card for exactly the cost of the PC. Wifes not thrilled about me playing WoW after two years and finds every excuse for me not to come out of pocket and get it

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom

join:2009-10-13
Lincoln, NE
kudos:13
reply to Cptbeatstix

Unless there was a change in recent iterations of Windows a 32 bit OS can only recognize and utilize 4 GB of RAM total, therefore the fact that it has 8 GB of ram would indicate to me that it is a 64 bit OS.
--
Lore Nerd. Role Player. Raid Leader. Healing Priest. Slightly Annoying. Also Likes Kittens.

o2cool8

join:2002-04-19
Miami, FL
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse

said by Adalicia:

Unless there was a change in recent iterations of Windows a 32 bit OS can only recognize and utilize 4 GB of RAM total, therefore the fact that it has 8 GB of ram would indicate to me that it is a 64 bit OS.

Agreed, when you see a PC with 2 or 3gb of ram, you have to question it, but anything with 4gb or more and a stand alone graphics card will be 64 bit.

Plus, i think most/all OEM built PCs since windows 7 have been 64bit.

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4
reply to Soldier78

What is the price? do you have a budget?

Pollux7777

join:2010-02-16
Saint Paul, MN
reply to Soldier78

Where's Krisnatharok he knows a lot about this stuff
--
Polluxx - LvL 90 Human Warrior - (US) Ravencrest

Ghastlyone
Premium
join:2009-01-07
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5
reply to Soldier78

Looks like it's about $599.99.

If you're only playing WoW, then that thing would work fine. You could probably build an i3 system for roughly the same price and get better performance in wider range of games.

Mystic95Z

join:2005-05-10
Sellersburg, IN
reply to Soldier78

Plus you could throw a $100 SSD in it to make it REALLY snappy. I put one in a circa 2006 - 2007 PC (AMD Opteron 185) and that sped it up dramatically.

Only thing I dont like about the PC you listed is Windows 8. Tried it and hated it not to mention I had issues playing Diablo 3 on it, cant say for WoW as I wasnt playing WoW at the time. I'm back to wow now but I also put Win7 back on.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
reply to Adalicia

said by Adalicia:

You and most would assume that but I've seen computers listed with 32bit windows with over 4gb (pure marketing BS.) the ram is there but you can't use it, so never assume.
--
»Death Star Petition

Omega
Displaced Ohioan
Premium
join:2002-07-30
Denver, CO
reply to Soldier78

IMO, having a large capacity primary drive like that is dumb. You would much better off with a 128-256GB SSD drive running your OS and games, while using the 1TB SATA drive for storage.

But if you are just wondering about this set up to play WoW...all I gotta say is that the game is 8 years old. You could run it just fine on a computer half as powerful as the one you have listed.
--
What smells like blue?

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
reply to Pollux7777

said by Pollux7777:

Where's Krisnatharok he knows a lot about this stuff

On the road. Hard to say anything without a price.
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Soldier78

Belleville, NJ
reply to Adalicia

said by Adalicia:

Hey Antonica its Cyriq

eve
Premium
join:2003-01-02
Alexandria, VA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Soldier78

said by Soldier78:

I just got an Amazon store card for exactly the cost of the PC. Wifes not thrilled about me playing WoW after two years and finds every excuse for me not to come out of pocket and get it

Doesn't really answer his question. You can buy all the components to a PC on Amazon and more often than not it's as cheap or cheaper and it's got free shipping (assuming you've got Prime). On top of that, AFAIK, Amazon still offers 6 month financing on purchases >$150 and less than $500. >$500 is 12 months.

I would at least consider it. Give us a budget and we can probably beat the specs you listed in the first post.

Up to you either way! Welcome back to WoW... the worst drug in the history of the planet.

Soldier78

Belleville, NJ

I should have done what you suggested but didn't want to deal with putting it together myself and messing something up, but at least I always have the option of upgrading. The PC shipped this morning and ill be receiving it tomorrow.