spc
uniqs
MisterP
join:2012-10-11
US

MisterP to EG

to EG

Re: [Speed] Is this config BLAST! ?

soooooo.... ok, ignoring the confile file now.

So what about ShaperProbe giving me wonky upload results? Does anyone else have an issue with ShaperProbe not giving them accurate results? (Over several tests; I know it can give one off weird results)

Johkal
Cool Cat
MVM
join:2002-11-13
Pennsyltucky

Johkal

MVM

Before I respond, let me say that ShaperProbe is the standard that most use to confirm what your provisioning is & I fully endorse it. That being sad, I have issues with it working for "me" which I have yet to find the solution to fix the issue.

sanjose
@comcastbusiness.net

sanjose to MisterP

Anon

to MisterP
Are you testing via WiFi? I noticed the same strange results on all my laptops using Intel WiFi radios. Plug in via ethernet and the issue goes away. Note that this started to occur after reinstalling Windows on several laptops. Testing with laptops not using the Intel WiFi radio does not show these strange results

owlyn
MVM
join:2004-06-05
Newtown, PA
Netgear CM2050V
Netgear RBRE960
Netgear RBSE960

owlyn

MVM

WiFi results are not reliable indicators of your actual speed. There are troo many variables. I recently had to change my WiFi channel due to interference. A neighbor apparently got a new router and was using the same channel as I was. After changing the channel, speed and reliability went back to normal.

sanjose
@comcastbusiness.net

sanjose

Anon

said by owlyn:

WiFi results are not reliable indicators of your actual speed. There are troo many variables. I recently had to change my WiFi channel due to interference. A neighbor apparently got a new router and was using the same channel as I was. After changing the channel, speed and reliability went back to normal.

Testing here in a clean RF environment within a faraday cage lab environment using 2:2:2 configuration with various enterprise Cisco APs. Associated rate is 300Mbps with RSSI of -29dB and lower. The WiFi connection is as ideal as you can get for 5Ghz and is more than capable of testing against a 50/10 cable Internet connection. The downstream comes out at 50mbps+/- and 2Mbps+/- upstream when running ShaperProbe on Windows host machines configured with an Intel WiFi chipset radio. Mind you it does not do this to internal or external iperf servers.

In addition using any number of Macs connected via WiFi with ShaperProbe results in ideal 50/10 results, nor does the referred slow upload results occur when using other WiFi chipset radios such as those from Atheros, Broadcom or RALink.

There is definitely something happening with the use of ShaperProbe in combination with Intel WiFi chipset radios on Windows boxes. The end result is poor estimated capacity and shaping rate for the upload.