Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS

1 recommendation

Doctor Who / Season 7 Continues

Doctor Who will part the curtain of space and time on BBC and BBC America March 30, 2013.

Quick teaser:

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXqXZepqgMQ

For more videos, check out the playlist: »www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL···ZDH80n94
--
♬ Dragon of good fortune struggles with the trickster Fox ♬

lotusracer
Premium
join:1999-11-26
Moline, IL
Reviews:
·Mediacom

1 recommendation

want a cool TARDIS fridge??? Not all that expensive either.

»www.etsy.com/listing/117433471/p···tom-made
--
Humanity - The greatest natural disaster of all time.

Varlik
Without Honor You Will Never Be Free
Premium
join:2002-01-06
Anderson, SC

1 recommendation

said by lotusracer:

want a cool TARDIS fridge??? Not all that expensive either.

»www.etsy.com/listing/117433471/p···tom-made

Is it bigger on the inside then it is on the outside? That could really make finding something at the back of the fridge a royal PITA.
--
"Sir SIR! We don't use DHCP servers. We only use IBM & Microsoft servers." From there my call to tech support went steadily downhill.

--Turn the lights down in your soul cut the power to your heart see the carcass in its dying rages.

lotusracer
Premium
Moline, IL
Reviews:
·Mediacom

1 recommendation

reply to darcilicious

Click for full size
an even easier way to fix yourself up with a TARDIS fridge
--

lotusracer
Premium
Moline, IL
Reviews:
·Mediacom

1 edit
reply to darcilicious

Dalek lotion
if I eat a Dalek pizza, do I exterminate it, or does it exterminate me?

exterminate dry skin with Dalek moisturizing lotion

--

Spice300
Premium
join:2006-01-10

2 recommendations

reply to darcilicious

I am looking forward to Clara dying more times than Rory. She can get the Doctor out of his funk.

lotusracer
Premium
Moline, IL
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to darcilicious

how many of you ever noticed this while looking at Edward Hopper's painting, Nighthawks??
--

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS

1 recommendation

reply to darcilicious

Coming up soon! (March 30!!)

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRQu3MvRySA

--
♬ Dragon of good fortune struggles with the trickster Fox ♬

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5

1 recommendation

reply to darcilicious

Doctor Who returns next Saturday the 30th of March.

The Bells of Saint John: A Prequel - Doctor Who - Series 7 2013 - BBC One

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IROtC6cAT4

--
----|- From the mind located in the shadows of infinity -|----
Nine.Zero.Burp.Nine.Six
Twitter = Twizted Zero
Chat = irc.teksavvy.ca

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
Toronto, ON
reply to darcilicious

Saturday, May 18
Doctor Who (BBCA) season 7 finale

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
reply to darcilicious

Yes! »blogtorwho.blogspot.co.uk/2013/0···0th.html

Wily_One
Premium
join:2002-11-24
San Jose, CA
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
reply to darcilicious

So the first episode "The Bells of Saint John"; was just OK. They seem to be pushing the sexual humor with all the double-entendres:
Doctor: "Just get in the box and you'll understand."
Clara: "Oh I bet I will!"

However what bugged me was once everyone was freed the Doctor made no effort to find out who was behind all the mind stealing; who the mysterious "client" was. It won't surprise me if this doesn't come up again and becomes the theme of the season a la "Bad Wolf".

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit

Matt Smith looked... tired? Not just in character, but as an actor. I know the Doctor is being pulled out his morose self-imposed seclusion, but Smith just seemed like he wasn't into it.

Or maybe I've seen too many companions come and go..
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

SixOfNine
Brake In A Ladylike Manner.
Premium
join:2001-08-30
Sterling, VA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

1 recommendation

said by Krisnatharok:

Matt Smith looked... tired? Not just in character, but as an actor. I know the Doctor is being pulled out his morose self-imposed seclusion, but Smith just seemed like he wasn't into it.

Well, here's hoping that the mysteries of Clara pull him out of it.
--
Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

Spice300
Premium
reply to Wily_One

said by Wily_One:

who the mysterious "client" was. It won't surprise me if this doesn't come up again and becomes the theme of the season a la "Bad Wolf".

We already encountered The Great Intelligence in the last episode, s33e06 The Snowmen. Now we know Clara's tears did not kill it. The Great Intelligence was introduced in Doctor Who s05e02 The Abominable Snowmen (1967). Miss Kizlet (anagram? some other meaning?) appears to be a character controlled by The GI as a child since its reappearance in s05e05 The Web of Fear (1968). First the Dalaks kill Clara in s33e01 Asylum of the Daleks (2012-09-01), and then the Great Intelligence kills her. I think the Doctor will pay a heftier price for ignoring this foe.

lotusracer
Premium
Moline, IL
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to darcilicious

some interesting concepts on Clara.....

»who-lligan.tumblr.com/post/47304···pril-8th
--

Wily_One
Premium
join:2002-11-24
San Jose, CA

We'll see where they go with it. But for the first two episodes so far my reaction is: meh.

Spice300
Premium
reply to darcilicious

Here are some of my thoughts about Clara:

Judging from the news reports The Doctor is expected to regenerate in the next few episodes as Matt Smith departs from the series. If Steven Moffat maintains continuity with the older series, something unusual happens to the twelfth doctor, the next doctor, that splits his character or makes a copy of him creating The Valeyard who appeared in season 23. Creating one or multiple copies of The Doctor with varying personalities and scattering them through time and space is similar to what has happened to Clara. Maybe the unusual event happens to both of them.

The Master in The Ultimate Foe: "The Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation." Note that this statement does not limit The Doctor to 12 regenerations because "final incarnation" is a bit vague. The Valeyard could not regenerate prompting him to bargain with the Time Lord High Council for more regenerations. The Valeyard is not the twelfth doctor because he is an amalgamation of part of him.

During this season there have been many references to the original series, so maybe Moffat will maintain continuity.

Doctor Who s23e04 The Ultimate Foe, Part 2 (1986-11-29)

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
Toronto, ON

Your "thoughts about Clara",

From what I read, it looked to me it was more about your thoughts about the Doctor. And not so much about Clara.

Spice300
Premium

Clara is just a regular girl, as The Doctor keeps stating, who, by virtue of traveling with The Doctor, is imperfectly copied several times by the same process that created the Valeyard with the copies scattered through space and time.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
kudos:1
reply to Spice300

That sounds like what happened to Riker when the teleporter malfunctioned in STNG.

Snakeoil
Premium
Mentor, OH
reply to TwiztedZero

quote:
Your "thoughts about Clara"

So far she is the least of the modern DR. companions. I never liked Donna, and I think Donna is above her.
Of course the Ponds and Rose are tied with being the best of the modern companions. Martha and Capt. Jack are a close second.
--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
Toronto, ON

said by Snakeoil:

quote:
Your "thoughts about Clara"

So far she is the least of the modern DR. companions. I never liked Donna, and I think Donna is above her.
Of course the Ponds and Rose are tied with being the best of the modern companions. Martha and Capt. Jack are a close second.

But Capt. Jack is Ebil now (but thats another show lol)
--
----|- From the mind located in the shadows of infinity -|----
Nine.Zero.Burp.Nine.Six
Twitter = Twizted Zero
Chat = irc.teksavvy.ca

Snakeoil
Premium
Mentor, OH

Ya. I can't get over him not being Capt. Jack. Like seeing David Tennet in another role other then the Dr.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
Toronto, ON

Also I've been hearing rumours of Matt Smith leaving, duno if its spectulation or fact yet. And its not the first time I've heard these things.

Snakeoil
Premium
Mentor, OH

I've heard the same, but he hasn't been the Dr for that long, has he?
Maybe Danial Craig will step in.. lol.. now that would kick ass, or Christian Bale. Though they may both demand more then what the show can pay.
--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit

»www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/03···028.html

I wouldn't want to see either of those actors play the Doctor, but I'd rather see an unknown take the reigns.

I'd like to see the next doctor be darker, much more like Eccleston or Tenant. The current arc in S7P2 is very disjointed and has very little to tie the meta-story together.

Just my $.02
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Spice300
Premium

1 edit
reply to Snakeoil

Yes, they are similar, but I do not see Moffat doing a transmat malfunction on the fields of Trenzalore on May 17. Uttering The Doctor's name on Mount Sinai causing a rupture in time would be more like it.

Matt Smith is set to leave the role by the end of this year. Who star set to bow out at Xmas, The Sun, March 22, 2013. I do not remember The Doctor ever regenerating during a Christmas Special. I am guessing he will regenerate before or 1 episode later.

lotusracer
Premium
Moline, IL
Reviews:
·Mediacom

1 recommendation

reply to darcilicious

Click for full size
a sneak preview of the next Christmas special?

Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ
reply to darcilicious

I just saw the current episode on VOD.

I did not think ads for iRobot are the best choice in a cyberman episode. An episode about killer robots sponsored by a company the sells robots.
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports