Re: Doctor Who / Season 7 Continues

Cute

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· 4iYyNOMs

mareastrum
join:2006-09-10
Saint Louis, MO

mareastrum to darcilicious

to darcilicious
Apparently the second half of Season was mistakenly shipped early to some people. BBC has said that if no one gives out spoilers between now and next Saturday, they'll post a teaser clip of 10 and 11.

»www.walesonline.co.uk/ne ··· -3663294

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Kearnstd

Premium Member

to Kearnstd
said by Kearnstd:

I just saw the current episode on VOD.

I did not think ads for iRobot are the best choice in a cyberman episode. An episode about killer robots sponsored by a company the sells robots.

You know I thought the same when I saw on the news a video of a criminal shooting up a police car window and then a commercial for window repair.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious

the New DR.

Looks like John Hurt is the new DR for next year.

He's a great actor..........should be good.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Good god man, you should spoiler the whole post. You still are ruining it.
Zoder
join:2002-04-16
Miami, FL

Zoder to ZZZZZZZ

to ZZZZZZZ
said by ZZZZZZZ:

Looks like John Hurt is the new DR for next year.

He's a great actor..........should be good.

I don't know about that. Eleven's conversation implied he was from the Doctor's past. Something he is ashamed of and tried to keep hidden. An incarnation that doesn't deserve to call himself Doctor. If that's true, then Matt is really twelve.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

1 edit

TwiztedZero

Premium Member

At this point, I don't really care who the next doctor is just as long as they keep this actress who does Clara Oswin Oswald!
She's teh SEXY beast!

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to Zoder

Premium Member

to Zoder
OK, I saw it. Kind of confused since they introduced John Hurt with no regeneration.

Can anyone lend some insight on what they were talking about in their last exchange? He did it for peace, but not in the name of the doctor? Is this referring to Gallifrey's damnation?
Zoder
Miami, FL

Zoder

That's one of the theories but knowing Moffat, it will be something completely different.

Besides, in The End of Time the Doctor felt his actions ending the Time War had been necessary. So those ideas conflict.

I think it will have something to do with the Time War, considering the book Clara ran across in Journey, but not in a way we expect.
Spice300
Premium Member
join:2006-01-10

1 edit

Spice300 to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious

Re: Doctor Who / Season 7 Continues

If it is about the Time War, they could be using a new actor for the 8th Doctor instead of Paul McGann. Does Clara see the 8th Doctor in the Doctor's time stream? Maybe based on a blurry white collar. The other prior versions of The Doctor are plainly shown.

Because he already crossed timelines with the 6th Doctor, John Hunt could be the Valeyard who was mentioned in this episode. Storm, The Beast, and Valeyard....

There have been episodes in which it was claimed The Doctor has a huge gap in his memory lasting several hundred years. William Hartnell may not have been the first Doctor. He may have been the first Doctor after his memory was erased. Entering his time stream may have restored those memories. We know almost nothing about The Doctor's first wife, the grandmother of his first companion, Susan Foreman. How did they die?

Clara: "Who's that?"
11th Doctor: "Never mind. Let's get back."
Clara: "But who is he?"
11th Doctor: "He's me. There is only me here. That's the point. Now let's get back."
Clara: "But I never saw that one. I saw all of you, eleven faces, all of them you. You're the eleventh Doctor."
11th Doctor: "I said he was me. I never said he was The Doctor."
Clara: "I don't understand."
11th Doctor: "My name, my real name, that is not the point. The name I chose is The Doctor. The name you choose, it's like... like a promise you make. He's the one who broke the promise.
Clara, Clara, Clara!
He is my secret."
John Hurt as The Doctor: "What I did, I did without choice, in the name of peace and sanity."
11th Doctor: "But not in the name of The Doctor."

According to Clara she saw the 8th Doctor suggesting that John Hurt is playing a different incarnation.

Mystery, mystery....

NOCTech75
Premium Member
join:2009-06-29
Marietta, GA

NOCTech75 to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious
Gotta say.. the season started as a hodge podge of episodes but as usual Moffat spun it all together as it approached the end. Brilliant combining of past and present lore, really sets the stage for a 50th anniversary special that will mind blowing.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Spice300

Premium Member

to Spice300
Also one thing pointed out by a friend is the 9th was missing from that ep. (but that's due to him oddly really not wanting to)

And it seems the 9th will not be in the 5th special.

Why oh why would someone choose to not be associated with Dr. Who?

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

darcilicious

Premium Member

said by DarkLogix:

Rumor has it he didn't get along with others (or they didn't get along with him, take your pick). Apparently he met with Moffat several times and still declined.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

said by darcilicious:

said by DarkLogix:

Rumor has it he didn't get along with others (or they didn't get along with him, take your pick). Apparently he met with Moffat several times and still declined.

But I heard he wouldn't even let them use his image in the 50th

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

darcilicious

Premium Member

said by DarkLogix:

said by darcilicious:

said by DarkLogix:

But I heard he wouldn't even let them use his image in the 50th

And it wasn't used in the latest ep either. His prerogative, apparently.
Zoder
Miami, FL

Zoder

I'm surprised the contract doesn't allow the BBC to use whatever images from old episodes they want. Of course they'd have to pay the royalty.

Thinking about it, didn't they use his image with the other 9 in The Eleventh Hour??
Spice300
Premium Member
join:2006-01-10

Spice300 to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious
Christopher Eccleston may not have been playing the part, but there was a version of The Doctor wearing a black leather jacket which I interpreted to be the ninth doctor.

Someone else spotted him too at The Name of the Doctor Past References.
Spice300

1 edit

Spice300 to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious
Christopher Eccleston: is this why he really quit Doctor Who?, Den of Geek, July 21, 2011

If the Sun is reporting accurately, major spoilers about John Hurt's character here: Show me where it Hurts, Doctor The Sun, May 10, 2013.

NOCTech75
Premium Member
join:2009-06-29
Marietta, GA

NOCTech75

Premium Member

That explains a lot... real shame because I would have loved to seen him another season or 2.

lotusracer
Premium Member
join:1999-11-26
Moline, IL

lotusracer to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious
am interesting bit of news...

Dalek Found At Bottom Of British Pond

»www.giantfreakinrobot.co ··· ime.html