uniqs
share rss forum feed

DarkSithPro

join:2005-02-12
Tempe, AZ
kudos:2
reply to Steve

Re: Security risks of security hyper-awareness

A co-worker of mine had two iPhone's stolen from him at work while he had it plugged in to charge. One right by his work area and one by a microwave at the employee cafeteria. Both times he walked away for only a few minutes to go to the bathroom. My iPhone remedy? I use a 2100mah iPhone charger case. Just enough to keep the iPhone in my pocket so it's not charging in plain view for the taking...

mouse
Premium
join:2007-03-29
australia

1 recommendation

I would hate to work in an environment where my co-workers are stealing my stuff.

DarkSithPro

join:2005-02-12
Tempe, AZ
kudos:2
said by mouse:

I would hate to work in an environment where my co-workers are stealing my stuff.

It seems when it comes to smartphones, stealing them is not a big deal anymore. Interestingly enough they stole a Verizon phone from Steve, which doesn't use sim cards. Most people won't waste their time stealing CDMA phones, because once they're reported they're pretty much a brick afterwords. I bet the phone was thrown away after they learned it didn't have a sim card and was on Verizon. He said iPhone 4, not the 4s, so it's useless as a cell after being reported.