join:2000-05-04
not in ohio

dave to fatness

Premium Member

to fatness

Re: Some issues now?

said by fatness:

I lost all my minibar links.

I thought you didn't drink. Or is the site meltdown so bad you're reaching for the small bottles of scotch?
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20

Premium Member

Well, I fixed it all except for the IMs ..at the top of every page going back 7-8 years! and I can't figure out how to put the link in for minibar icon for postlist/all. It is driving me nuts because I use that link constantly here to navigate the site. But everything else that was messed up I got fixed.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT

Subaru

Premium Member

No issues with any old IM's and I have some going back like 5 years.

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium Member
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS

Anav to dave

Premium Member

to dave
said by dave:

said by fatness:

I thought you didn't drink. Or is the site meltdown so bad you're reaching for the small bottles of scotch?

There is no truth to the rumour that Fatness drinks anti-freeze and follows up with the required Vodka gallon chaser (to prevent kidney damage).

state
stress magnet
Mod
join:2002-02-08
Purgatory

state to Mele20

Mod

to Mele20
said by Mele20:

I can't figure out how to put the link in for minibar icon for postlist/all.

Just visit the page you want to add, and click the little green icon with a plus in the middle:

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5 to Mele20

Premium Member

to Mele20
said by Mele20:

Well, I fixed it all except for the IMs ..at the top of every page going back 7-8 years! and I can't figure out how to put the link in for minibar icon for postlist/all. It is driving me nuts because I use that link constantly here to navigate the site. But everything else that was messed up I got fixed.

Do you have the minibar on your dslreports web page? Does it have the little green + icon. Go to the page you want to put in minibar so that the URL is what you want to save. Then press that + icon and just follow your instincts to add a " updated posts " icon.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

I don't know how to fix my fav forums, the forums are listed but no threads appear..

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

darcilicious

Premium Member

said by HiVolt:

I don't know how to fix my fav forums, the forums are listed but no threads appear..

Ditto.
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4

Click the "slow" link.

FFH5
Premium Member
Tavistock NJ

1 recommendation

FFH5 to HiVolt

Premium Member

to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

On the menu bar at top of all dslreports pages, click on "Forums"; then on the next menu bar below click on "Your Forums"; then on the next menu line down click on "slow". That did it for me.

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

1 recommendation

HiVolt

Premium Member

said by FFH5:

On the menu bar at top of all dslreports pages, click on "Forums"; then on the next menu bar below click on "Your Forums"; then on the next menu line down click on "slow". That did it for me.

That did it, thanks! Also had to change the Site Style from Horizontal to Vertical as thats how I had it before, and reset my site-wide theme...

Now I think its all back the way it was...

FFH5
Premium Member
Tavistock NJ

FFH5

Premium Member

said by HiVolt:

said by FFH5:

That did it, thanks! Also had to change the Site Style from Horizontal to Vertical as thats how I had it before, and reset my site-wide theme...

Now I think its all back the way it was...

Whatever this problem was, it apparently wiped out forum preferences from a member's profile. I had to go in and re-pick all my preferences to get things back to normal.

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

said by FFH5:

Whatever this problem was, it apparently wiped out forum preferences from a member's profile. I had to go in and re-pick all my preferences to get things back to normal.

Yeah, but not all preferences & settings, just some, mostly having to do with the look & feel of the site...

Hawk
Premium Member
join:2003-08-25

Hawk to HiVolt

Premium Member

to HiVolt
I need some medication or something. This is just wrong.

Edit: my eyees, my eyeessss!

/rant off

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

Now if there was only way to get rid of that "Yes I wish to post" reminder...

I cant seem to find a setting for it.

fatness
subtle

join:2000-11-17
fishing

1 recommendation

fatness to dave

to dave
said by dave:

said by fatness:

Minibooze is easier than minidrugs. They're too small. I think I swallowed a minibong.
NoHereNoMo
join:2012-12-06

NoHereNoMo

So, to recap... site style and minibar preferences wiped out; everything ever 'cleared' (click on the little red envelope) reset back to not cleared; every IM that was 'kept' has been deleted ...something else as yet undiscovered?

Why should I bother rebuilding my dozen or more minibar links until we know what caused it and that it probably won't happen again?

rexbinary
MOD King
Premium Member
join:2005-01-26
Plano, TX

rexbinary to HiVolt

Premium Member

to HiVolt
I'm still not clear on how to fix my theme issue. I don't remember ever changing my theme, but I've been on here for years now so I might have at some point. Some forums such as this one have the correct colors, some others don't.

state
stress magnet
Mod
Purgatory

state

Mod

You can go here: »/speak ··· /default and click on the different themes to preview them and find the one you were using.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

darcilicious

Premium Member

said by state:

You can go here: »/speak ··· /default and click on the different themes to preview them and find the one you were using.

The FAQ related to this (»Site FAQ »Modification of Default Forum Style) really needs to be updated as there is no "theme-override" dropdown menu anymore as shown in the screen shots and the "this page" link in the very first sentence doesn't go anywhere useful.

Cheese
Premium Member
join:2003-10-26
Naples, FL

Cheese to HiVolt

Premium Member

to HiVolt
booo!

looks horrible!

state
stress magnet
Mod
Purgatory

1 recommendation

state to darcilicious

Mod

to darcilicious
said by darcilicious:

The FAQ related to this (»Site FAQ »Modification of Default Forum Style) really needs to be updated as there is no "theme-override" dropdown menu anymore as shown in the screen shots and the "this page" link in the very first sentence doesn't go anywhere useful.

Thanks, it's been reworked to be useful again.

fatness
subtle

fishing

fatness to NoHereNoMo

to NoHereNoMo
said by NoHereNoMo:

every IM that was 'kept' has been deleted ?

I haven't found that to be true.

state
stress magnet
Mod
Purgatory

state

Mod

Mine are intact as well.
NoHereNoMo

NoHereNoMo to fatness

to fatness
I had at least 2, maybe 3, that were 'kept'. They were there a week or three ago, and they're not there now. That doesn't in itself mean that this problem was the cause, but that does make the problem suspect as far as I'm concerned. They were 'system' IMs if that matters. Will system IMs disappear on their own within a short amount of time?

state
stress magnet
Mod
Purgatory

state

Mod

They shouldn't. I have system messages going back to 2003.

edit: This link should pull up all the system messages you've received: »/instant/0
NoHereNoMo

1 edit

NoHereNoMo

The link shows 2--one from today and one from last month, which leaves 3 that I know of as "missing" (and, no, I don't delete stuff--wouldn't bother to).

Edit: Since yesterday, one of the two--the older one--has disappeared. Seems like an ongoing problem.

rexbinary
MOD King
Premium Member
join:2005-01-26
Plano, TX
·Frontier FiberOp..

rexbinary to state

Premium Member

to state
said by state:

That did it! Thanks! Of all things my theme was 'default'.

fatness
subtle

fishing

fatness to NoHereNoMo

to NoHereNoMo
said by NoHereNoMo:

I had at least 2, maybe 3, that were 'kept'.

said by NoHereNoMo:

The link show 2--one from today and one from last month, which leaves 3 that I know of as "missing" (and, no, I don't delete stuff--wouldn't bother to).

2 or 3 were kept, you found 2. So either none are missing or 1 is?

I still have all my kept IM's, 54 pages of them, dating back 514w3d.

state
stress magnet
Mod
Purgatory

state to NoHereNoMo

Mod

to NoHereNoMo
said by NoHereNoMo:

The link show 2--one from today and one from last month, which leaves 3 that I know of as "missing" (and, no, I don't delete stuff--wouldn't bother to).

Of the three missing messages, were they from yesterday or further back?