spc
Search similar:

uniqs
MaxSc
join:2013-01-23
Milton, ON

MaxSc

Voip.ms voicemail dropping messages

Anyone else having a problem where the voicemail system 'accepts' a voicemail but seems to just drop it after the call is completed?
I configured a mailbox, set it to email me and tested numerous times. The system 'accepts' the mail like everything is fine but I get no email and if I *97 it says I have no new messages.

Both my account and my ATA device are set to montreal server so nothing odd there.. their technical support had me switch to chicago as a test and the exact thing happened..

We spent over an hour working on this trying this that and the other.. they setup a ticket yesterday but I have recieved no updates since and the voicemail still doesn't work..

Pretty dissapointed, especially not having heard anything back yet.
Mango
Use DMZ and you get a kick in the dick.
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net

2 edits

Mango

Premium Member

Create a new mailbox with the most basic of settings. Use 1234 for the Name, Mailbox ID, and Password. Leave all other settings as default. Route your DID to the new mailbox and test.

When you test to see if your message is there, dial *98 and enter your mailbox number when prompted to be sure you're checking the correct mailbox.

If that works, change settings as per your requirements one by one until you find the setting that is causing the problem.
kenja00
join:2009-01-28

kenja00 to MaxSc

to MaxSc
No problems here... good luck!

j1349705
Premium Member
join:2006-04-15
Holly Springs, NC

j1349705 to MaxSc

Premium Member

to MaxSc
Make sure you're not leaving extremely short messages when you are testing. Most voicemail systems have a minimum message length.

crazyk4952
Premium Member
join:2002-02-04
united state

crazyk4952 to MaxSc

Premium Member

to MaxSc
No problems here, either! (I am on the houston server.)
MartinM
VoIP.ms
Premium Member
join:2008-07-21

MartinM to MaxSc

Premium Member

to MaxSc
Montreal and Chicago received a software upgrades a few days ago. Looking at the developer log, I see that it's something under investigation, and hard to replicate. I understand your disappointment but your issue is not being ignored at all. You will receive an update. Also, make sure your test is at least 5-6 seconds, the voicemail system usually discards very short messages.
MichelR
join:2011-07-03
Trois-Rivieres, QC

MichelR

said by MartinM:

Also, make sure your test is at least 5-6 seconds, the voicemail system usually discards very short messages.

I like that. I've always hated having to check my voicemail only to hear the sound of the phone hanging up.
MaxSc
join:2013-01-23
Milton, ON

MaxSc to MartinM

to MartinM
I changed nothing and now it works this morning, thanks Martin
MartinM
VoIP.ms
Premium Member

MartinM

Premium Member

said by MaxSc:

I changed nothing and now it works this morning, thanks Martin

We have changed a few settings in the voicemail settings of the servers, please keep me updated if you run into the same issue again.
Viper359
Premium Member
join:2006-09-17
Scarborough, ON

Viper359 to MartinM

Premium Member

to MartinM
Since my issue is in relation to your comment, has something changed with the voicemail system? Until very recently, I never received VM with hangups, now, it seems I get every one of them. Nothing more annoying then listening to a hang up. I am on the Montreal server fyi.
MartinM
VoIP.ms
Premium Member

MartinM

Premium Member

said by Viper359:

Since my issue is in relation to your comment, has something changed with the voicemail system? Until very recently, I never received VM with hangups, now, it seems I get every one of them. Nothing more annoying then listening to a hang up. I am on the Montreal server fyi.

The minimum message length was temporarily relaxed on a few servers for diagnostic purposes. It will be configured back to a few seconds once we close our investigation. This can lead your voicemail to save very short messages of people hanging up after the tone for a few more days. We apologise for the inconvenience.
Viper359
Premium Member
join:2006-09-17
Scarborough, ON

Viper359

Premium Member

That's fine. I just wanted to confirm it was something you did, and not something I did. I was playing around in the settings not too long ago. I was dreading the thought of going through everything again, looking for a silly setting that I changed. I am sure we have all been there, done that!
lilarry
Premium Member
join:2010-04-06

lilarry

Premium Member

said by Viper359:

I was dreading the thought of going through everything again, looking for a silly setting that I changed. I am sure we have all been there, done that!

Welcome to my daily routine.
mbourd25
join:2005-09-14
Hammond, ON

mbourd25

My voicemail greeting message has disappeared for me from the montreal2 server. I know the server was upgraded but was this normal? Do we have to redo our greeting message?

Thanks.
MartinM
VoIP.ms
Premium Member

MartinM

Premium Member

said by mbourd25:

My voicemail greeting message has disappeared for me from the montreal2 server. I know the server was upgraded but was this normal? Do we have to redo our greeting message?

No, greating should be there. Did you more from another server? If so you can ask our team to move your greating/messages for you. That is, until we centralize voicemail to our new storage server in a month or two. For now you still need to have your mailbox content moved when you migrate to another server.