Re: WOW its cold

Wet or dry, -40 is still fucking cold.

nitzguy
Premium
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON
said by shaner:

Wet or dry, -40 is still fucking cold.

Wimps....come to Sudbury.....aka REAL Ontario. Where we still have winter....January 10th, 10c, January 23rd, 2 weeks later, -40...not -40 with Windchill...so cold, they cancelled school buses because of it...not because the roads were bad, but because they didn't want the kids to freeze to death waiting for the bus and I guess some of the busses just wouldn't start this morning.

Although I wish this cold on nobody. Last time it was this cold here was in 1976...we broke a record at the airport it was -36.1c here...breaking the record in 76 of -35.3c .....

This should be the end of it for us, it'll warm up and by Tuesday actually will be 0c...forecasted, tommorrow, a downright balmy
-19c as the forecast high, it only got up to -24c here today.

Anywho....just reminding people there is other parts of Ontario who do get cold and we are quite hardy out here.

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
When I started the car yesterday morning, pretty sure the engine went "Waaaa Taaaaa Faaaaaaaaaaa" today was a little better. Only minus -14.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

Mike2009

join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON
kudos:3
Minus 25 in Ottawa this morning with a windchill making it even colder.Leaving for work soon. Not looking forward to getting into the cold car. Thankfully I have heated seats.

noemails

@bell.ca
-35 in ottawa with the windchill at 8:00 am

Last Parade

join:2002-10-07
Port Colborne, ON
reply to Mike2009
said by Mike2009:

Minus 25 in Ottawa this morning with a windchill making it even colder.Leaving for work soon. Not looking forward to getting into the cold car. Thankfully I have heated seats.

...which will be as cold as the rest of the car.

NefCanuck

join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·voip.ms
said by Last Parade:

said by Mike2009:

For about 20 - 30 seconds or so until the element kicks in, I can live with that.

Nothing like heated seats to prevent you from being so distracted by the cold seat that you don't give the road your full attention

A balmy -14C when I dropped the car off for regular service this AM (they closed the door to the bays damn quick once I went under the opening door, don't blame them )

NefCanuck

Mike2009

join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON
kudos:3
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to Last Parade
said by Last Parade:

said by Mike2009:

The seats heat up a lot quicker than the car.