how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Premium
join:2012-06-11
reply to Dogg

Re: Bill question

I just noticed that even though I am still on a promotional program, my bill mysteriously increased by about 2 bucks for NO reason that I can fathom. Of course I will NOT let it pass. Even since the new
greedy CEO Tom Rutledge came to head Charter it looks like they are trying to squeeze the last penny out of EVERY customer and not only that but cut off all the previous great strides that the company had made in satisfying the customer with things like social media agents...

Hey Tom......People are NOT just going to lie down and "take it". You do know that don't you?

anon anon

@charter.com
said by 15444104:

I just noticed that even though I am still on a promotional program, my bill mysteriously increased by about 2 bucks for NO reason that I can fathom. Of course I will NOT let it pass. Even since the new
greedy CEO Tom Rutledge came to head Charter it looks like they are trying to squeeze the last penny out of EVERY customer and not only that but cut off all the previous great strides that the company had made in satisfying the customer with things like social media agents...

Hey Tom......People are NOT just going to lie down and "take it". You do know that don't you?

Please. If you are not satisfied with Charter why are you still a customer? I'm seriously asking. I do not get this. I don't get people that claim to being "ripped off" by a company and instead of just leaving and going with another company that won't rip them off, they stay and complain. As if that will do something.

If your bill went up then the reason is ON THE BILL. And no Charter will NOT raise your bill if you're on promotion. Now if your local sales tax or franchise fees went up Charter can't do anything about that. Take that up with your local or state authorities.

cork1958
Cork
Premium
join:2000-02-26

2 edits
Please, stop with the lame question of why are you still a customer! You, and I'm sure we all know who this anon anon is with that simple, stupid statement, as well as everyone in the world, knows that most cable company's have such a monopoly that switching usually isn't even a matter of choice unless you want to go down hill even further with some lame DSL like Frontier or worse even with satellite.

Sure, the reason anyone's bill goes up is usually on the statement, but a lot of times Charter puts that on there months a head of time and people forget. An example is this new stupid change of service fee thing that doesn't go up until March 3, I think, but was in the news section of my bill a month ago already!

To OP:
I'm assuming you're on the 30/4 plan? Price should be $49.99, which now that I looked that up is $2 more than before. Oh yeah, that's right. Charter notified me about them charging $2 more and taking away 4 channels because I don't use their set top boxes!
--
The Firefox alternative.
»www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/

vaxvms
ferroequine fan
Premium
join:2005-03-01
Wormtown
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Charter
reply to anon anon
said by anon anon :

Please. If you are not satisfied with Charter why are you still a customer? I'm seriously asking. I do not get this. I don't get people that claim to being "ripped off" by a company and instead of just leaving and going with another company that won't rip them off, they stay and complain. As if that will do something.

Many people have no choice but Charter. I'm still with Charter 'cuz my choices are Charter or DSL.
--
CMKRNL

Some Guy

@charter.com
reply to cork1958
FYI The computerized fee that is going up is only going to be applied to customer that are coming back from a non pay disconnect. As far as the changes over two months, The billing cycle is determined by the date in which the services are install but if you had a promo put on at a later date, then you will see a partial roll off over a two bill time frame.

Premium
join:2012-06-11
Thanks for your insight Some Guy.

Like I mentioned before most folks have a choice between two greedy, inefficient, internet providers (usually a cable company and a telephone company) that show a disdain for the customer.

I ALWAYS like to make a distinction between the stupid
"executive MANGLEMENT" and the "rank and file" employees of these same companies because from my experience most of the rank and file employees really do try their best to help the customer even though their hands are tied by the Brass Tacks who get paid a kings ransom but usually have no clue about how to run a balanced business that makes a good profit and does a good job satisfying the customer that keeps them in business in the first place.

Again I pose the question ...what is my alternative choice when there ARE ONLY TWO BAD choices that provide internet service?

I'm waiting.