brookeKrige

join:2012-11-05
San Jose, CA
kudos:3
reply to tonyl

Re: WiFi signal Strength

Wily_One,
Search this forum for DMZ+, for example: »Re: Slow internet U-verse 12mbit

Both you and tonyl: What model are your RG's? "2wire" is ambiguous, not the specific model-name.

Posts imply ATT reusing rejecting RG's on other customers, and some older 2wire's wireless signal just deteriorating over time (with recommendation even to make it last, by reducing transmit power).

In theory, hope ATT would replace your RG, if its wireless range is defective. Don't know how they judge such complaints.

Haven't used it, HomePlug can extend your network thru house power; instead of trying for one wifi to reach everywhere.

Wily_One
Premium
join:2002-11-24
San Jose, CA
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse

My RG was replaced last year, I have the 3801HGV now. I'm on the 18Mb profile and have no complaints about "Internet speed" per se, just low signal in the far corners of my home. I don't have a particularly big house, but as I say my RG is situated on one side of it, and won't be moved.

Prior to recently I never really cared about the wireless aspect, since my house is hard-wired. However with Wi-Fi capable cellphones and Xboxes in the house, plus the occasional visitor with a tablet or laptop, wireless has taken on new importance.