spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Scooter30
join:2013-01-24
Lexington, MO

Scooter30

Where to find internet prices?

Where can I find prices for internet only? Their website only seems to list prices of internet/tv packages.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

The set prices aren't listed directly online b/c of promotions and such. Send me a PM with what you want and I can get you prices and work with you.
GLIMMER
join:2004-01-17
Fisher, IL

GLIMMER

the prices should be listed tho.

Lazy Senior
join:2012-01-10
Cobden, IL

Lazy Senior to MediacomChad

to MediacomChad
said by MediacomChad:

The set prices aren't listed directly online b/c of promotions and such.

I do not really understand why Mediacom will not post Standard Prices. Maybe it is the "and such" part I don't get.

And don't give me we can't because prices are different in different regions. Mediacom has NO problem posting Promotional Prices. They even mail me monthly promotions with prices but never anywhere in the mailing do they give you the "Standard Prices" after the Promotion is over. As a consumer and possible customer of some of these promotions I find the Practice of not giving Standard Prices on the Internet distasteful. Yes I know that if I ask you privately you will give me prices.Yes, I realize Mediacom is probably not proud of their Standard Prices. They still need to be posted on the Internet.

drslash (banned)
Goya Asma
join:2002-02-18
Marion, IA

drslash (banned)

I don't think standard prices are the same in different markets but Mediacom should be able to post the prices by zip code. Whenever there is a price increase on TV or internet, I get a full price list of all services available to me. This list is the standard prices of the services.

When you look at DirecTV on their web site the current standard price after the promotion period is up is shown. I suppose its a marketing decision. My guess is Mediacom doesn't want you thinking about the future higher price when deciding to sign up for service. The higher future price is a negative obstacle in the decision to sign up. I personally like to see the marketing show the promo price and also show how much you save over the current standard price.

Lazy Senior
join:2012-01-10
Cobden, IL

1 edit

Lazy Senior

said by drslash:

I don't think standard prices are the same in different markets but Mediacom should be able to post the prices by zip code.

In order to get to Mediacom's Promotion Website you must give a address/zip code so they can give you the correct price for your area. HOWEVER nowhere will they give you the Standard price after the Promotion is over. Same thing on the mailings. Mediacom knows where I live, they sent the Promotion flyr to me. Yet NOWHERE in that Promotion flyr is the Standard price after the promotion is over.

As you point out both Dish and Directv give you Promotion prices and Standard after promotion prices.

In my experiences in life if someone does not give a price upfront or tries to hide it, the price is probably going to be disappointing once you finally do get it.
drslash (banned)
Goya Asma
join:2002-02-18
Marion, IA

drslash (banned)

said by Lazy Senior:

said by drslash:

I don't think standard prices are the same in different markets but Mediacom should be able to post the prices by zip code.

In order to get to Mediacom's Promotion Website you must give a address/zip code so they can give you the correct price for your area. HOWEVER nowhere will they give you the Standard price after the Promotion is over. Same thing on the mailings. Mediacom knows where I live, they sent the Promotion flyr to me. Yet NOWHERE in that Promotion flyr is the Standard price after the promotion is over.

As you point out both Dish and Directv give you Promotion prices and Standard after promotion prices.

In my experiences in life if someone does not give a price upfront or tries to hide it, the price is probably going to be disappointing once you finally do get it.

They won't give the standard price after the promo is up because they don't know what it is. There will be price hikes during the promo period. What they should do is show the current standard prices and then state that after the promo is over the price will go to the current rate at that future time.
postmortem
join:2006-04-28
Cedar Rapids, IA

postmortem to Scooter30

to Scooter30
Suggestion would be that we start posting how much we pay so we can figure out what the prices are. And make it very popular for search engines

Here's what I am paying:
Prime internet 15MB - $49.99
without $15 penalty because I have cable
AFAIK Launch Internet should be $15 less, thus $34.99

mike1965
Geek4rent
join:2002-09-23
Marion, IL

mike1965 to Scooter30

to Scooter30
the mediacom STANDARD pricing is way too HIGH.......

I am still on a promo old plan 12/1 with no cap...in second year for $34.95.....in june I think it will go up to close to 60.00....If I do not get a another deal on a promo by then I will drop it like a hot potato.......I also have DSL and can get Bonded 25/5 for 60.00 a month
hdtv00
join:2003-06-13
Silvis, IL

hdtv00 to Scooter30

to Scooter30
It's very simple you can't find them because they simply make up any price they want to and bill you for it. Half the time they say one thing then bill you another I have TONS of neighbors willing to vouch for that very fact.

Hell I just had promotion for wireless added on for 3 months for free. Did they stop them from billing me anyway, hell no. Get this, mediacom chad "fixed" their error and gave $4.95 discount. Guess what mediacom did. They literally just double billed me for it the very next month negating the proper adjustment by mediacomchad. It's a fucking scam and complete and utter bullshit on medacom's part and I am so god damn fed up with run around billing and horse shit. If it weren't for mediacomchad's help I would've went up to local office and shoved this modem/router up their asses.

I think it's complete bullshit you charge someone normally what $80 a month and you can't let them turn on the fucking wireless feature without charging them another $4.95 . FUCK YOU mediacom, that's complete and utter BULLSHIT.
Scooter30
join:2013-01-24
Lexington, MO

Scooter30 to postmortem

to postmortem
I was interested in Prime internet alone,I guess I have to pay the 15 dollar fee if I don't have TV service also.
k9iua6
join:2004-05-23
Dubuque, IA

k9iua6 to Scooter30

to Scooter30
My grandfathered Intro 3 mb service (same as current Launch I presume) is $29.95 if you also have TV services. Add $15 if internet only.

iSpud
@qwest.net

iSpud

Anon

Wow, sounds like a lot of you are getting ripped off.

I was just offered 50/5 for 49.99/year1 and 59.99 year2+ if I agree to 2yr contract. (that's for internet alone, no mention of fees aside from the $5 modem rental)

Lar
join:2002-06-17
Iowa

Lar to Scooter30

to Scooter30
You know guys I just had a Mediacom CS argue with me about the price. You know how you can sign in to your Mediacom account and then there are tabs you can click on for Internet etc.....
Well when you do that you will see prices....click on it... it will ask for your address and if you are a NEW customer or CURRENT customer. I put current of course.
It then shows me the different tiers and prices listed. I saw the 50gb package Ultra at 39.95 for the first year. OK so I went into the terms and restrictions and the first sentence was bold and said: This limited time offer for select Mediacom Digital customers adding Online service may be revoked at any time.

Of course I am adding an online service......It doesn't say its ONLY for NEW subscribers. The whole sentence talks about being REVOKED, not about if your eligible or not. Remember MEDIACOM I did choose CURRENT customer when being asked the questions before I got to this package..........

So I asked the gal since she was telling me its for NEW customers to speak to her supervisor or a manager. I was put on hold and then within 1 minute put into a voice mail system to leave a message. NO one called me back.

Mediacom obviously could word this WAY different so as to NOT upset customers who would like to try the service and are thinking they can as they did take the time to read the restrictions!!!!!!!!

No wonder customers get upset.
k9iua6
join:2004-05-23
Dubuque, IA

k9iua6 to iSpud

to iSpud
said by iSpud :

Wow, sounds like a lot of you are getting ripped off.

I was just offered 50/5 for 49.99/year1 and 59.99 year2+ if I agree to 2yr contract. (that's for internet alone, no mention of fees aside from the $5 modem rental)

Some of us are not willing to enter into contracts of this type for a service. I don't consider this necessarily being ripped off, as I have the opportunity to cancel without extra cost anytime life takes a turn and it becomes necessary.

bulletsam
join:2008-04-08
Charleston, IL

bulletsam to Lar

to Lar
Lack of punctuation and word games. I went through the same thing a few days ago.

Who decides what "Select Mediacom Digital customers" are? They pulled a stunt like this before when I was looking to upgrade awhile back. Tried to deny over the phone what their website said, I told them go look, I'm reading it right now.

After being put on hold for awhile they come back and say... "Sir, I'm sorry someone made a mistake and we'll be fixing the mistake."

2 weeks later, no changes to site. Classic Bait & Switch sales.

Lar
join:2002-06-17
Iowa

Lar

Just don't understand why they make you jumps thru the question or new or existing customer....then to give you the offer and not let you have it when you spend 10 min on hold waiting for someone.
It doesn't take a Philadelphia lawyer or even an intelligent HTML web person to put in one more sentence that states all Mediacom current internet subscribers are NOT eligible for these prices.

Very misleading and no manager ever called me back either after getting put on hold and then shoved into a voice mail in which I left my message with name and number.

This doesn't seem like a company that cares.
wth
Premium Member
join:2002-02-20
Iowa City,IA

wth to Scooter30

Premium Member

to Scooter30
FYI: Iowa City rates »citychannel4.com/franchi ··· tes.html

mike1965
Geek4rent
join:2002-09-23
Marion, IL

mike1965 to Scooter30

to Scooter30
when June comes around if I do not get a deal then I will drop Mediacom ....here is the great part....I have 12/1 service....I got a 2 year contract for $19.95 the first year and $34.95 the second year...internet ONLY .....so chad gave me a number to call and see if i could get faster speeds for a deal.....I was told my prices was good til June....I said well if I cancell today how much will it cost me to get out of my contract....they replied....well when you signed up our term and conditions were not legal so we really cannot hold you to a contract LOL

they is no was they will ever get me to subscribe to TV my wife works for a provider so i get it nearly free
diggerg56
join:2008-03-18
Iowa City, IA

diggerg56 to Scooter30

to Scooter30
Sometimes I wonder if it's even worth the effort to send an email through the customer contact portal because they obviously didn't bother to read what I had written.

I was inquiring about what prices were available to upgrade my current internet service to a higher level. I indicated the plan I have now, mentioned that I had clicked "current customer" and the prices that came up. They were similar to what the original poster wrote. All I got was a canned reply with the standard rates, installation charges, modem rental (which i don't need) and no acknowledgement that I'm a current customer.

As frustrating as telephone support can be at times, trying to get an answer on an upgrade through email was even worse.

I know experiences vary, and I've had some good ones too, but in this case, not so much.