Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Eumaeus

join:2009-12-10
Yorktown, VA
reply to Cptbeatstix

Re: DSLR arena team on Mal'Ganis

Actually I thought monks (mistweaver and windwalker both) were fairly underrepresented in arena and in need of a PvP buff which will be coming in 5.2.

Of course this by no means is to say you can't be successful as a mistweaver monk. In fact I play with one haha.

This is the first arena season I've really gotten into despite having played WoW for ages. Good luck dudes!
--
Eumaeus, Guardian/Balance Druid
GM - Lux ex Tenebris - Sargeras | Alliance
[6/6] MSV [5/6] HoF

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!
kudos:2
said by Eumaeus:

Actually I thought monks (mistweaver and windwalker both) were fairly underrepresented in arena and in need of a PvP buff which will be coming in 5.2.

Of course this by no means is to say you can't be successful as a mistweaver monk. In fact I play with one haha.

This is the first arena season I've really gotten into despite having played WoW for ages. Good luck dudes!

As Eumaeus knows, a good Mistweaver is nearly unkillable, by one person, while he has mana. Now, when two or more start focusing, it will still take effort to take him down.
--
From Psychonauts -
Lungfish Civilian: (describing Goggalor) He's impervious to bullets! ... and love!
--

Eumaeus

join:2009-12-10
Yorktown, VA
They themselves are difficult to kill but the vast majority of their abilities may be purged including abilities that they have to build up several chi to apply (to establish how this differs from resto druid hots, for example). Also, having a constant channeled heal cast is horrific for getting spell locked. As is stands direct placing orbs under the feet of someone is one of the safer/stronger approaches to pvp healing it seems and that is ehhh.

Pretty much when facing a MW Monk plan to kill a dps first and you'll be far more successful.

Much of their cc requires them to dangerously go out into the open, making them vulnerable to cleaving or a dps swap. Also their some of their cc is positional based which is not particularly well designed when a character can change their facing so quickly, ruining the cc.

The patch will be very good to them.
--
Eumaeus, Guardian/Balance Druid
GM - Lux ex Tenebris - Sargeras | Alliance
[6/6] MSV [5/6] HoF