Mike Wolf

join:2009-05-24
Beachwood, NJ
kudos:4

1 edit
reply to Streetlight

Re: [DVR] External DVR Storage

Came across this. »www.motorola.com/Video-Solutions···ps_US-EN
For Motorola customers with the A30 guide and using an external drive, do these features appear? »www.motorola.com/staticfiles/Vid···uide.pdf Is the external drive utility accessible?

jack b
Gone Fishing
Premium,MVM
join:2000-09-08
Cape Cod
kudos:1
said by Mike Wolf:

For Motorola customers with the A30 guide and using an external drive, do these features appear?

The only dialog box that appeared when I connected the drive was alert #1, asking to format the drive.

For what it's worth, prior to connecting the external drive, I had turned off and unplugged the DVR. I powered up the external drive, waited a minute then powered up the DVR. Nothing happened.

The blue power button blinked once then the DVR wouldn't respond to the remote or start up manually.

So I disconnected the eSATA cable then turned on the DVR, it started up OK. I plugged in the eSATA cable and right away alert #1 dialog box appeared.

I don't recall seeing the success dialog, but the drive is registered and my DVR recording capacity percentage went from something like 75% full to 12% full.
--
~Help Find a Cure for Cancer~
~Proud Member of Team Discovery ~

yhp

join:2006-12-27
Philadelphia, PA
reply to Mike Wolf
Interesting. Official Motorola documentation says the DCX3400 is supported.

jack b
Gone Fishing
Premium,MVM
join:2000-09-08
Cape Cod
kudos:1
With the a30 update it works.

yhp

join:2006-12-27
Philadelphia, PA
said by jack b:

With the a30 update it works.

Not also a firmware update? I've never seen the menu screen you provided a snap of.

Mike Wolf

join:2009-05-24
Beachwood, NJ
kudos:4
I'm still pleased to see on that second image the hard drive temperature. I wonder if the "max temp" is the temp the drive got to at some point, or if it's the temp threshold the drive is capable of for it to be within normal operating parameters. I wonder if I connect my Seagate DVR External drive to a Motorola box if it will list the "airflow temp" along with the drive temp as it does on a computer.
--
I'm always up for a good chat and helping with VoIP testing so my contact info is below.
Gigaset.net: Michael Wolf
Callcentric: 17772288600
SIP URI: sip:226976325024#9@sip.gigaset.net and sip:17772288600@in.callcentric.com