Premium Member
join:2003-08-06
USA

Libra to Indy Sabre

Premium Member

to Indy Sabre

Re: [WIN7] Help - I can't eject my External Harddrive

Hi Indy!

I made that Windows System Image and just wanted to be sure it was made. I'm happy to know that what I'm seeing - empty folder, is correct. A tech is coming tomorrow to replace the hard drive and I have 4 disks to install it to out-of-the box condition (for him to do), so I attempted to make an image which I think would be better.

I just hope he stays to see it through, because he said he will start it and leave me to finish it - if anything goes wrong I'd be in trouble.

Thank you - as usual, I found the link confusing, but I'm happy to know my image may be okay.

Sincerely, Libra
Indy Sabre
Sabre Rider From Indianapolis
join:2003-10-02

Indy Sabre

Hi Libra,

I really don't know how to tell if your Windows System Image is good, I was just trying to share what I found out about Windows System Image when i tried it myself.

I usually use Acronis True image and feel comfortable with that but recently tried Windows System Image myself to learn about it. I didn't like that it showed a zero bytes and that it had to remain on the root of the external drive vs tucked away in an image folder specific to the PC i was imaging.

Hope it goes well when the tech comes, but I would think once you get a good clean original install you could image that with Macrium Reflect then try to restore your good Macrium Reflect image (the one set up with your stuff) and see how that goes.

If it doesn't work, you could then restore your clean install image or restore from the 4 DVD factory image you also have.
Libra
Premium Member
join:2003-08-06
USA

Libra

Premium Member

Hi Indy,

I didn't like how it showed empty folder in the Windows Backup Image either. I ended up attaching my external hard drive to my Vista computer and when I looked at it with Explorer I found the Windows Backup Image file (showing empty folder) and was able to delete (I had to confirm the deletion a couple of times). I didn't see it on the root of the external drive anywhere. However, I do have three folders on that drive for each computer and this Windows Backup Image was additional. Since I deleted the backup folder do you know if I deleted everything regarding it?

Trying out Macrium after having a Windows backup copy isn't a bad idea, so long as I can figure it out. This Windows Backup seems pretty easy.

The technician came and changed the harddrive, but wasn't able to load Windows. There was an error. I called Lenovo and he determined the error message meant they have to replace the motherboard and optical drive (I did see errors in the Event Viewer about Disk 1 but didn't think too much about it.) Imagine that.

Sincerely, Libra