Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer to s1deout

Premium Member

to s1deout

Re: LFR is better than LFD

Queue times are a reflection of community involvement, not Blizzard. For those with an ilvl of 470, there are 16 chances at LFR loot. The elder coins give you an additional 3 chances at your discretion. One of those chances is better spent on Sha of Anger and (if you are lucky enough to get a chance) Salyis's Warband. Most of the gear I've obtained from LFR has been from the regular chance at the loot rather than the extra roll, YMMV.

All of this is to say that the real complaint here is that we can't barter/trade/buy loot that other people are getting in LFR like we used to (and that makes the RNG seem more brutal) nor can we really just buy valor to remedy bad RNG without A LOT of rep grinding.

The real pain of LFR is when your alt has just enough gear to get into MV (i460), but you haven't had the time (or inclination) to grind out GL/Klaxxi/Shieldwall to get the valor gear to bump you up to i470 yet.... which means you only get one LFR in your week... the rest of your time is supposedly left for you grind out dailies. That makes bad RNG in the one MV you ran that week seem extra punitive.

I like LFR. I like the current approach to Dungeon difficulty (and having Scenarios available for the epeen l33t is great). I don't like scenarios on my tanks or healers... but they weren't really made for tanks and healers. They were made for dps to knock something out quickly without having to wait on a tank or healer.

Skittles
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31

Skittles

Premium Member

I think you summed that up well Immer, I remember how frustrating it was to grind rep all week to get elder coins and faction gains only to go into LFR and see nothing drop, waste coins, rinse and repeat got to grinding for nothing feeling so I gave up on this xpac.

Perhaps with the purposed rep gain changes from daily heroics, LFR drop increase and current rep increase for all toons after you hit revered will be enough to satistfy the "feel" of this xpac. This coupled with my itch for getting my rogue back to PvPing, I may have to renew at some point.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

The only problem I have with LFR is the total lack of ranged weapons for hunters.

They simply don't exist.

seaquake
MVM
join:2001-03-23
Millersville, MD

seaquake

MVM

said by Jobbie:

The only problem I have with LFR is the total lack of ranged weapons for hunters.

They simply don't exist.

There's one on the Will of the Emperor and one somewhere in the Terrace. I've gotten the LFR one from the Will. Hasn't dropped in our 10m group yet...when it does, we'll probably have a second hunter in group and I'll lose it.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

said by seaquake:

said by Jobbie:

They simply don't exist.

There's one on the Will of the Emperor and one somewhere in the Terrace. I've gotten the LFR one from the Will. Hasn't dropped in our 10m group yet...when it does, we'll probably have a second hunter in group and I'll lose it.

Will of the Emperor and Lei Shi they show on the loot list but they are fake, even yours is fake!

seaquake
MVM
join:2001-03-23
Millersville, MD

seaquake

MVM

I feel your pain

I only do LFR since they seem to be easier to get through than LFD....and I'm working on the Black Prince's quest for 6K VP. Otherwise, I don't worry about VP and get what I get from normal raiding.