share rss forum feed
« Accuracy?N/A for me »
This is a sub-selection from I've got nothing to hide

easonin
Rock Ridge, FL

join:2008-07-08
reply to jc100

Re: I've got nothing to hide

Very good points! I'd like you to check out »www.gunsandweed.com/ , parallels what your saying to a degree.

"Guns and Weed: The Road to Freedom shows, in no uncertain terms, why Freedom of Ingestion and the Right to Keep and Bear Arms are equally indisputable civil rights, and why the War on Drugs and the War on Guns are both entirely immoral."
--
You should vote for the Colostomy Bag that I'm voting for! This one appears to be better than that other one!

NOVA_UAV_Guy
Premium
join:2012-12-14
Purcellville, VA
Reviews:
·Comcast

I'll agree 100% about the guns, but only 50% about the drugs. Firearms ownership is a right specifically granted to us; consumption of specific substances is not.

That being said, I wouldn't have an issue with laws that treated marijuana on par with alcohol and other substances. Allow personal consumption up to a point (as this consumption doesn't hurt anyone but the consumer), and disallow certain activities (such as driving, operating heavy machinery, etc.) while under its influence to prevent others from being hurt.

easonin
Rock Ridge, FL

join:2008-07-08

Correction, that right was not given to us, it was only listed as a human right. Just as we have a human right to do with our own bodies what we wish.
I really hope you're not saying that it is right for other people to tell you what you can and cannot do with your own body! Because I don't want to tell anyone what they can or can't do, as nobody should be able to tell me the same. So, yes, all drugs should be decriminalized, not just cannabis or alcohol or aspirin.
--
You should vote for the Colostomy Bag that I'm voting for! This one appears to be better than that other one!

pawpaw

join:2004-05-05
Greenville, SC
Reviews:
·Charter
reply to NOVA_UAV_Guy

said by NOVA_UAV_Guy:

Firearms ownership is a right specifically granted to us; consumption of specific substances is not.

Let me introduce you to the 9th and 10th Amendments, which are there for this exact reason. However, I agree with protecting others.

"The only purpose for which power can be rightfully exercised over any member of a civilized community, against his will, is to prevent harm to others. His own good, either physical or moral, is not sufficient warrant."
John Stuart Mill