The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer to jkj860

Premium Member

to jkj860

Re: [IPv6] IPv6 and Netgear WNDR 3700-100NAS issues

Well, since you do seem to have the MS TCPIP6 protocol installed and enabled, I have no definite explanation for why you are not at least seeing a link local [fe00::xx:xx:xx:xx] IPv6 address for that NIC. I don't think that you have a chance for getting IPv6 connectivity until you get that resolved.

You might start by looking at the Symantec firewall setup (look for something related to ICMPv6, since that might block even setting up basic IPv6 for the NIC). If you don't find anything in the Symantec firewall that is blocking IPv6, then uninstalling the MS TCPIP6 protocol stack, rebooting, and then reinstalling it would be the next step.

NetDog
Premium Member
join:2002-03-04
Hollywood, FL

NetDog

Premium Member

said by NetFixer:

Well, since you do seem to have the MS TCPIP6 protocol installed and enabled, I have no definite explanation for why you are not at least seeing a link local [fe00::xx:xx:xx:xx] IPv6 address for that NIC. I don't think that you have a chance for getting IPv6 connectivity until you get that resolved.

I would agree with this.. You need to see the FE80 before IPv6 will work, it is how all the starting traffic works..

Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::708a:eeee:5566:1234%12

Maybe uninstall the stack and reinstall it, what OS was this on?

jkj860
The Final Frontier
join:2002-01-10
Valparaiso, IN

jkj860 to NetFixer

to NetFixer
Ok i will give that a try.
Edit. Vista OS