Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Bill Neilson
Premium
join:2009-07-08
Arlington, VA
reply to Bill Neilson

Re: Significant outage across Southeast US?

»forums.att.com/t5/Features-and-H···/page/19

"Hey all, As you may have seen, U-verse service has been restored for the vast majority of our customers affected by the outage. We expect any remaining customer issues will be resolved this morning. We will provide a credit to customers who were affected. We know our customers count on their U-verse service and we apologize for the inconvenience.

We'll issue credits to customers we know were impacted based on the length of their outage. The credit will automatically appear on your bill within 30-60 days. You don't have to call about the credit now, but if after 60 days, you don't see a credit, please give us a call.

Thank you very much for your patience and updates in this thread."

UverseTech

join:2012-08-04
Reviews:
·Charter

I would definitely rely on anything automatic. Make sure you call and tell them what you want. CRC (customer retention center) #800-928-6878.

This is the result of a poorly maintained infrastructure, bottom line. Wonder how the fanboys will try to spin this.

ChampMom

join:2013-01-24
Goldsboro, NC

sure, you go ahead and call and tell them what they want. You will be holding for 2 + hours.

UverseTech

Thats why I put CRC #, they actually accomodate a reasonable request thats their job.

ChampMom

Goldsboro, NC

There is going to be a flat refund provided to all customers impacted by the outage. Calling retention will do no good at this point.

UverseTech

Only if you lay down and take it.

ChampMom

Goldsboro, NC

you can try all you want, promise. Been handling the issues the past 3 days. If you don't believe me, I can direct you to MANY customers who tried the "I will cancel approach"

UverseTech

Reviews:
·Charter

Then cancel. For 49/mo with a 30Mb DL you have comcast. Maybe they are not the best at customer service but their internet speeds alone are better than a top tier uverse profile anywhere, plus you get a descent amount of channels. The only thing stopping you is you.

I really fail to see how so many people cannot see that uverse is so little for so much. A 24 Mb maximum internet DL speed is not acceptable in this day and age, and if enough people defect I would bet these magic speed options would change.

Bill Neilson
Premium
join:2009-07-08
Arlington, VA

Why can you fail to see it when people tell you all the time why they continue to pay so much for so little? Like myself?

I don't have another option. Cox here is absolutely and utterly atrocious and the customer service is frankly on another level of incompetence than AT&T which is saying a hell of a lot.

I had Cox for years and went through living hell as do most down here with it.

Only one other provider for TV/Internet....that's it....UVerse.

UverseTech

No Van, specifically to champmom, comcast is in her area. You could still detach the internet portion and go to cable even on a bad day its probably many times faster. The 18Mb for $30/mo is in your area

cramer
Premium
join:2007-04-10
Raleigh, NC
kudos:8
reply to Bill Neilson

"We'll issue credits to customers we know were impacted based on the length of their outage. ... if after 60 days, you don't see a credit, please give us a call."

Um, bull****. The only way they'll know you were down is if you called and complained. Yes, we'll look at the records on the server that was dead to tell when you dropped off the network. Oh, wait a minute... (now some poor schmuck has the joyous job of writing the script to process TBs of (unreliable) log data from hundreds of thousands of VRADs to find the ports that had their dot1x authentication expire because of the outage, then find when they came back online. Then chase those ports back to the customer, so billing can screw up the credits. *sigh*)

If you wait 60 days, they'll be no records left of what happened -- also, 99% of those affected won't remember to check in 2 months.