Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

JohnnyBob

join:2006-03-23
Mount Vernon, IL
reply to JohnnyBob

Re: Speed ramp-up not working

It's still not working right. I had to call them again and it's a nightmare. They didn't even know what had been done before, and asked me the same stupid questions. Now they say it could take 4 days to fix. Absurd. I strongly doubt that it will ever be fixed.

As for the speed tests, I used 2 different browsers and 4 different speed tests:

0.27 Mbps 0.32 Mbps Firefox
0.55 Mpps 0.32 Mbps
0.21 Mbps 0.32 Mbps
0.71 Mbps 0.30 Mbps

0.19 Mbps 0.31 Mbps Chrome
0.62 Mbps 0.32 Mbps
0.25 Mbps 0.32 Mbps
0.34 Mbps 0.23 Mbps

0.39 average

Tech007
Premium
join:2013-01-25
Belleville, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T DSL Service
just a question what kind of connection are you using in the wall can you move the modem from room to room? If so it could be your wiring in the house and you might need a direct wire from the modem to your network interface outside

just a thought

JohnnyBob

Mount Vernon, IL
said by Tech007:

just a question what kind of connection are you using in the wall can you move the modem from room to room? If so it could be your wiring in the house and you might need a direct wire from the modem to your network interface outside

just a thought

That's not the cause! I use a direct wire from the modem to the network interface outside. Ran it myself using high guage copper about 10 years ago. In the interim I've had the 6 Mbps DSL service and it worked fine, but couldn't afford it so scaled back to Basic.

Stop looking for faults in my system! The fault is in the AT&T system and internet routing...

StillLearn
Premium
join:2002-03-21
Streamwood, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T Midwest
said by JohnnyBob:

Stop looking for faults in my system!

OK. So don't try ping tests to your ATT gateway listed in your modem web pages (not your home gateway) or use the standard version of PingPlotter (30-day free trial) to that gateway and beyond-- because that could show local or non-local problems. Don't post your signal strength from the modem web pages.

I meant "loaded" as in fully loaded or overloaded... Having seen your test I tried it and got a very low set of numbers. Then I switched sites and got my normal speeds.

JohnnyBob

Mount Vernon, IL
I have no idea what you're talking about...