dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
telco_mtl
join:2012-01-06

telco_mtl to Draiman

to Draiman

Re: EXTREME freezing temperatures - What to worry about?

said by Draiman:

said by telco_mtl:

please tell me you are heating the garage? in this weather if you dont heat an attached garage you will get floor heaves, cracks and the like.

How did garages survive being unheated for the last 30-50 years without any of that stuff happening?

up here in quebec attached garages are always heated, but most people turn off the heat. In my moonlight gig i can tell you just pulling up to the house if the garage has had its heat turned off. Until you have been up north you really dont know the disasterous effects of adfreezing

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones

join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON

DKS

said by telco_mtl:

said by Draiman:

said by telco_mtl:

please tell me you are heating the garage? in this weather if you dont heat an attached garage you will get floor heaves, cracks and the like.

How did garages survive being unheated for the last 30-50 years without any of that stuff happening?

up here in quebec attached garages are always heated, but most people turn off the heat. In my moonlight gig i can tell you just pulling up to the house if the garage has had its heat turned off. Until you have been up north you really dont know the disasterous effects of adfreezing

Yup.