spc
uniqs
NefCanuck
join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON

NefCanuck to J E F F4

to J E F F4

Re: [Hockey] Official 2013 Toronto Maple Leafs Thread

I'm quite happy with how the Leafs performed overall last night, I honestly was expecting PITT to use Reimer as a practice dummy but just maybe Carlye has the team believing in themselves again.

Losing Lupul is gonna hurt though, wonder what the have on the farm to replace him with for two months (I'll always suggest that the team give the injury the longest stated time to heal if they can, rushing someone back can lead to "issues"

The Islanders might be trouble tonight but the real acid test is the Rangers on Saturday @ MSG I think. A win or an OTL and just maybe this team has their act together enough to make the playoffs.

NefCanuck

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

Well, in the 3 games they've played, they've been pretty decent defensively, which has always been an achilles heel under Ron Wilson.

Yes I know Carlyle came in last season, but mid-season changes don't always materialize themselves right away, also how bad the goalies were last year, good riddance to that Francois Allaire...
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt to NefCanuck

to NefCanuck
said by NefCanuck:

The Islanders might be trouble tonight but the real acid test is the Rangers on Saturday @ MSG I think. A win or an OTL and just maybe this team has their act together enough to make the playoffs.

Not that the Rangers have looked particularly good so far this season. Though I don't think there's any team in the East that looks like what they were expected to look like just yet.

shaner
Premium Member
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB

shaner to HiVolt

Premium Member

to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

Well, in the 3 games they've played, they've been pretty decent defensively, which has always been an achilles heel under Ron Wilson.

Yes I know Carlyle came in last season, but mid-season changes don't always materialize themselves right away, also how bad the goalies were last year, good riddance to that Francois Allaire...

Apparently, the Leafs didn't have a 3 game stretch of allowing 2 or fewer goals all of last season.

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

said by shaner:

Apparently, the Leafs didn't have a 3 game stretch of allowing 2 or fewer goals all of last season.

Wow. That's freakin horrible.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

Ouch 5 straight goals..........I think Gillis may be getting a call tomorrow.

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

Yikes the wheels fell off this one in a hurry lol... Nice first period, 3-1 lead, then WHAM!